Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i have a renault megane 1.6 16v sport alize w reg (2000) . the speedo and milometer stopped working. i purchsed a sec hand one only to find this didnot work either. my mechanic says that the speedo sensor in the gearbox is working.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi sorry to hear about your misfortune ,however it could well be that the second hand one is also faulty .If you have a trip computer in your car do as follows.
Press and hold down the trip computer stalk at the end of the wiper stalk and switch the ignition on without starting the engine ,release the trip computer button after approx. 5 seconds .The system then checks the following functions simultaneously: The speedometer,by the needle moving at increments of 40 kmh
the rev counter,by the needle moving at increments of 1000 rpm.,The fuel gauge, by the needle moving at increments of 1/4 of a scale .The coolant temperature gauge,by the needle moving at increments of a 1/4 of the scale.The trip computer digital display by making all the segments illuminate at once.to exit the self test procedure press the reset button on the instrument panel. or simply switch the ignition off. Please also double check that the dash is properly conected at the back as i know that it sometimes can be be tricky to plug the connector. i hope this at least can give you some info about the condition of the second hand one .If it is from a scrappy i doubt very much they have checked it before they sold it to you ,see if you can take it back and get your money back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts