Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slightly annoying problem with my 1998 Megane Cabrio 1.6e.

The opening/closing process seems to stop at a couple of points, usually when the rear cover is near to its most upright position and when the window section is near to its most upright position. Most of the time just pressing the button once or twice to continue the operation will see the roof open or close. Sometimes a helping hand is needed to lift the window/cover up.

Is this just a sign of ageing hydraulics? or is there something I can do to resolve the problem (other than visit a dealer!).

Suggestions welcomed.

...Neil

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same problem

I have a slightly annoying problem with my 1998 Megane Cabrio 1.6e.

The opening/closing process seems to stop at a couple of points, usually when the rear cover is near to its most upright position and when the window section is near to its most upright position. Most of the time just pressing the button once or twice to continue the operation will see the roof open or close. Sometimes a helping hand is needed to lift the window/cover up.

Is this just a sign of ageing hydraulics? or is there something I can do to resolve the problem (other than visit a dealer!).

Suggestions welcomed.

...Neil
did you find out what the problem was as i have the same,ive checked the fluid level but its fine but im still having problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you find out what the problem was as i have the same,ive checked the fluid level but its fine but im still having problems.
As in this thread 49855 they have the same problem, As do I.

It sometimes happens, it sometimes doesn't. One thing I do realise is that it requires some inertia for it to 'flick up' and the rear works, sometimes the whole car will shake for this. When it doesn't work, the 'flick up' is not as violent not does it shake as much.

I'm putting it down as two things. The joints of the frame are getting sticky, which a puff of graphite would fix, do not use oil. Not only is it messy, but it will stain your interior. The other is the canvas is getting rigid enough so that it becomes harder for the hydraulics to keep going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts