Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Have a 5dr Renualt megane mk2 2006 1.6 16v petrol.

I am looking to change the thermostat does anyone know the torque settings for the bolts in NM please.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Hey guys

Have a 5dr Renualt megane mk2 2006 1.6 16v petrol.

I am looking to change the thermostat does anyone know the torque settings for the bolts in NM please.

Thanks.

IF it's like a scenic type the plastic housing the thermostat is built in and you replace whole unit, torques are 2 stage - 7nm and 11nm in a spiral - i needed to buy a torque wrench suitable for bikes to get that low, NOT sure megane's have same as sure iirc some have metal - try lookup on carparts websites

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IF it's like a scenic type the plastic housing the thermostat is built in and you replace whole unit, torques are 2 stage - 7nm and 11nm in a spiral - i needed to buy a torque wrench suitable for bikes to get that low, NOT sure megane's have same as sure iirc some have metal - try lookup on carparts websites
Thanks for reply. When you say too stage do yo mean 7nm all of them first and then do them again at a further 11nm ?

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Thanks for reply. When you say too stage do yo mean 7nm all of them first and then do them again at a further 11nm ?

yes all 7nm then again 11nm - those settings are for plastic type

1 - 5 of 5 Posts