Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I popped up a while ago wanted to make my Clio road legal in Germany. Well I bought all the bits, and made an appointment with myself, a cup of coffee and a box of spanners to swap them all over. The week leading up to this weekend though, the car was parked outside work and was driven into my a 40tonne lorry. It wrote it off, as you can imagine.

As a replacement I have bought a 2003 Megane, 1.6 petrol 3 door Authentique. My father has the same car (slightly newer) in the lesser spotted saloon version.

Anyway, there are two problems. Both rate as annoying but not anything that prevents me driving or enjoying the car.

The first one is the drivers electric window. Sometimes this works fine, but sometimes the one touch simply doesn't work. The window will go down completely, but in 4 or 5 steps, where you have to press the button 4 or 5 times. It is reliable, but annoying. Any tips? I guess I need to pop the interior trim off, and have a look!

The second is the external temp guage. It lies. Sometimes it is fine, and will give a realistic temp. Others it will make it up (telling me it is -34 degrees, when outside it is about 29 degrees C). The sensor, on the underside of the mirror is loose, and you can wiggle it around a bit. I am hoping it is just a poor connection here (there is scratching on the mirror casing from the previous owner). This also isn't a fault that ruins the driving pleasure, but what it does do (or seems to) is upset the climate control when it is on automatic, as it will start pumping out the wrong temperature air!

Oh, one third thing. There is a click on the steering when you are moving towards maximum lock. Hmm....

Any help greatly received. Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
1)
recently had prob with drivers window, switch didnt work well, think u might have same prob. The prob was with diry connectors both on wires and switch, cleaned them and works now well. Although my meg is from 1996. it could be the same prob with your switch.

2)
The prob with the temp gauge is probably regarded to connector in the door, pull it off and try cleaning, u have nothin' to loose.

3)
It's recommended not to move steering "towards maximum lock", that's all i know.

Hope it's all simple probz as i wrote :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
hello, i have the same problme with the sensor and the click. i fixed my temp sensor by cleaning the contacts on the connector on the door and the click was worn suspension top mounts. about £80 to get it put right. wasnt so much a sefety risk, just an annoyance.

hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts