Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pump still makes a whirr when I pull back the stalk but I get no jets from front or back.

Does this point to a pipe blockage or could I have a knackered pump despite it still making a noise?

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
more than likely the pipes are blocked or have come lose, try the washer when still and see if any water leaks out from the bottom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no leaking, and I've tried detaching the pipe from the nozzle on the bonnet but still no juice! :)

I want to check the pipe at the pump but cant seem to remove the lining in the wheel arch, do you know how?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found two rubber discs that I thought were holding the lining in at the back of the arch, they wouldnt pull or twist to release, are there screws in a less obvious place that will release the whole lot (rubber bits included?)

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
There are screws at the top and bottom of the arch. However, you do need to remove the 'rubber discs'. Try to gently prize them out with a screwdriver. Sometimes you just have to yank them. On occasion they will come out intact and go back in fine but they may get damaged slightly - not the end of the world, though.:)

I had the wheel arch liners off my old 98 Megane loads. All the holding disc things got damaged and I lost a couple but the liner stayed on OK.

Good luck:d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts