Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had my Megane jet cleaned at local garage for first time. Usually get it manually cleaned. Water suddenly came gushing into driver's side foot panel over my feet! Told by Renault dealer that I would need to bring it in and they would clear the valve outlets as they were probably blocked. Quoted £95 + Labour and VAT! A friend of mine said that I should leave it a few days for the water to gradually make it's way out, which it is. Should I leave it to dry out in it's own time? Also, boot opens but does not stay open and drops down shut. Friend also mentions that I should buy gas struts online somewhere and that he could fit them himself. Otherwise, Renault dealer quotes another £95 + VAT and labour to do the job themselves!! What would you advise please and do you think my Renault dealer is correct. I always feel like I am being conned by them into forking out all this money which I can ill afford!:confused:

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Hi Dawn - welcome to the forum.:)

Both jobs are well withing the capability of a fairly competent DIY'er as long a they have some basic tools.

Flushing out the drains in the scuttle panel and fitting new struts should take around 2 hours or so.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for quick response. I should be able to save some dosh by enlisting the help of a friend and will get online tonight and shop around for the boot parts. I'll also get my friend to have a look at the water leakage problem and owe him a few bevvies! Thank you for your advice.:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.