Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I hope you can help here but my grandparents drive a renault modus 1.6 16v K4M VVT modus auto which is fitted with the 4 speed dpo auto box (or according to honest john it has a nissan autobox as in the similar nissan note). There is nothing wrong persay with the gearbox but gear changing is not very smooth particularly 2nd - 3rd gear it snatches especially when cold and it can take a while to change up into 3rd. Downward gearching is not too bad but will change up when you come off the gas sometimes when you want it to change down. I am not after a miracle cure but is there anyway the automatic gearbox can be made smoother by reprogramming the ecu and perhaps changing the atf fluid and whats the best to go for in this box. I drive it as smoothly as I can so I cannot blame my driving style. Its a 2005 55 reg with 20k by the way.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is someone going to answer my query. Mods if you feel this would get a better response elsewhere then move it to somewhere more suitable on the board.

Harry.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Harry, sometimes a little patience is required when waiting for a reply, as members with the required knowledge may not log on every day.

Im sure that someone will be a long to answer your question

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all,

I don't mean to be at all pushy or rude but no one has answered my query as yet and I posted it about 5 day ago. If you feel this post would get a better response elsewhere on the forum could you please move it.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts