Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am new to the forum and hoping that someone can help/advise.

I have a Modus and tried opening the drivers window after the car had been sat in the sun for some time. The window appeared stuck to the rubber trim and refused to move. Then a loud crack and the window started to move then stopped.
I've taken the door panel off and looked inside the door and there was a piece of broken blue plastic in the bottom of the door. it looks like this attaches to a guide rail and the window.

Has anyone had this problem or knows where i might source a replacement part? Local dealer has never been very helpful.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum,the only other place you are going to get this part from other than the dealer is going to a brakers yard,i hope this helps Donald

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I strongly suspect that the broken part only comes complete with a new regulator and motor assembly....:eek:

The cars not still under warranty is it?.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Electric window problems

Took the car to the main dealer and after some negotiation they fixed it under warrenty. That saved me the £350 +vat + fitting that they were quoting for the works.

All sorted now. Thanks for the help. :)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Glad it all worked out OK for you Bob .

Thanks for keeping us posted.

I will move this thread into the Knowledge base hopefully it will help other Members.

P

·
0 Posts
:eek: I think this happened to Mrs W's yesterday :( Why she tried to put the window down when the entire car was frozen solid is beyond me, but there you go :steam:

And it's out of warranty now so I guess I'll have to make to offending part to fix it (and some spares), cause I ain't paying £350 for a bit of plastic

P

·
0 Posts
Well it seems that I've had a right result.

I sent the 3 year and six month old Modus (12,000 miles) to the dealer and asked them to take a look at the window mechanism and tell me what the problem and the cost would be before carrying out the work.

As suspected it was the regulator at fault and the cost would be as above, I would also require a new door membrane, oh and it was £92 to take off the door card and diagnose

The good part is that despite the car being 6 month out of warranty, it is being covered by Renault at no cost to me, including collection from my place of work :)

Apparently the regulators on Renaults are now covered for 4 years or 50,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yep in some cases Renault will cover the entire cost of repairs if a car is less than 4 years old. Any common failure on a recognised fault I would always contact Renault Customer Services or speak with your Renault Dealer before carrying out any work yourself or getting an independant to repair the car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Drivers Window Regulator failure

Thanks so much to everyone for previous posts on this thread. I joined the forum as a result of "googling" for a Modus drivers window failure. Mine went with a loud bang in the cold weather earlier this week. My Modus will be 4 years old tomorrow (14th February) and has covered 27,000 miles. Booked into the supplying dealer (Jaybee Motors of Banbury) for investigation today (13th February). After examination they reported that the regulator had failed and to repair it would cost £264 (probably a very reasonable price?). Primed from the forum I asked about extended warranty on the regulator, they went back to Renault who agreed to the cost in full. So this bears out the earlier information on this thread. Thanks again to those who put me on to the possibility of the warranty covering the repair after 4 years and thanks to Renault for prompt action. I know from bitter experience of other manufacturers who are a lot less helpful.

P

·
0 Posts
Glad you got a result out of it, and boy was that good timing :d

JayBee are OK, but being a franchise rather than a Renault owned dealer don't always have the latest info to hand

·
Registered
3 Posts
waynethegas

window problems with my 55 plate modus. the plastic clip that runs on the window mechinism which is drawn by wires has snapped--do i need to buy whole mechinism or are clips available?? its drivers window

P

·
0 Posts
When was it registered Wayne

4 year 50,000 mile warranty on the window regulator, you should be OK

·
Registered
3 Posts
it was registered 14/09/05 and has done 33k so will take good advice and tackle local renault dealers tomorrow- will keep in touch-- cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ron

Hi all
The drivers electric window on my July 2005 reg Modus
has stoped working (made a strange grinding noise)
so I have left well alone.
Booked car into local Renault dealer and was told that
inspection of fault would be required before they would
be able to advise if it would be covered by what they called Renaults "good will"
I had a fault with this window back in oct.2007 and the
regulator was replaced . The garage has stated that if it's the same problem Renault will not cover the repair.
Has anyone encountered the same response?

Thanks
Ron

P

·
0 Posts
That's normal

They'll inspect it first, if the fault is the regulator and the car is less than 4 years old and has less that 50,000 miles on the clock, it should be covered by Renault and they'll pick up the cost of the inspection also....or at least that was the case when my wifes went

EDIT ~ just read your post again, not sure about the last bit....the above should apply to your car

1 - 20 of 68 Posts