Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

Nothing scary, just the brake pedal is starting to pulse a little and looking at the disks they are past their prime.

Seeing as there is no manual I just wondered if there was anything quirky I needed to be aware of before swapping out for some replacements?

I'm guessing its basically clio.

Is it worth having a clio 1.5 diesel manual. Or is it not similar enough.

Thanks anyhow.

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,089 Posts
This pretty much what you need to know..

Socket sizes may differ from model to model but the procedure is the same.. :smile2:

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,752 Posts
Not seeing anything quirky or odd here :grin2:

Yeah, basically a Clio, internal and bodyshell parts different, mechanics should be close enough.

Make sure it covers your engine if you intend to delve that deep. Many variations of the 1.5 DCi out there and though the same basic engine, ancillaries such as EGR may well be different.

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,089 Posts
Good luck with that as you can see its not rocket science..easy job that a garage would charge you lots of wonga for..:smile2: dont forget to come back and tell us how you got on....if you do a vid please bank out any swear words..:grin2:

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,752 Posts
...........if you do a vid please bank out any swear words..:grin2:
We like the ones where you hit your thumb with an 'ammer, jump and bang your head on the wheel arch, knocking the car off the jack and end up burning down the garage.... >:)

Seriously, shouldn't be an issue but shout up if any help needed.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
I use a G clamp to compress the piston but do it like this..use one of the old pads..
but ..... open a bleed valve as you squeeze it, -- abs and master don't like the fluid forced back; you could otherwise easily damage one of both of these.

Al

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well all done, no hassles apart from the 18mm needed which was fun. Blagged from a neighbour. Pads and calipers are the same but different, better anti rattle arrangement.

Got to be honest if the video is how dealers do it then I'm glad I do my own stuff, no cleaned threads, no copper slip, no dressing to the pads.

I may be old school with my dad being a mechanic (brave man calls him a fitter) but cleaning threads and copper slip is defacto for jobs like these, in the proper places of course.

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
Please refrain from posting Technical Quesions in General chat
There are dedicated areas for this, please look for & use them.
Thank You.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts