Independent Renault Forums banner

renault modus front door hinge

10K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  silverdave43 
#1 ·
To-day the wind caught the door whilst it was being opened. The door hinges now appear to be sprained,it is difficult to close and is now out of line horizontally and vertically. I have loosened the hinge bolts and tried to move it without success. Will I now have to fit new hinges or is it fitted with "hinge pins". I have looked on the internet for replacements parts but no one appears to stock them :mad:

#3 ·
Just a thought here, but does the 'b' post have a catch which can be adjusted to line up with the door?

If not, I have managed to adjust a door with nothing more sophisticated than a telephone directory. Wedge some pages behind the door against whichever direction you want the door to move (vertically or horizontally), then press the door closed (with the hinges slackened slightly), then increase the number of pages, until door is closing to your satisfaction and tighten it all up.

HTH

Paul

#6 ·
Any word of advice for me please

The doors of my Grand Scenic have been misaligned and in order to close the door, I have to lift the door a bit or it wouldn't close.

What should I do and the door trim is also not as tight to the door as it should be. I can clearly hear rattling sound from the door itself.

Its very annoying and I need an advice from you guys before I give it a go.

Thanks in advance

#7 ·
Went to the bodyshop yesterday for a realistic quotation for the repair----not a success. I have bought a set of hinges off the internet, now have to findout how to disconnect the electrical multiplug lead above the hinges before I take the door off. The bodyshop says the wing has to come off too. Wish I had never started this job(hope it isnt as complex as changing a headlight bulb when you have to remove the front bumper).:mad:

#8 ·
:crying:I am defeated, I am sending the car to the bodyshop. I have fitted replacement hinges and it didnt make any difference. After careful examination it looks like the "A"frame mounting studs have been pulled from their fitting. The hinges are over engineered in that they are made from a 5mm thick stamping, the "A" from a "tin can" with a bit of re-inforcing plate.---Moral of the story "dont go out on a windy day in a Modus"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.