Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Thanks for letting me join, I have a Dacia logan mcv 1.5 dci 2014, I broke down last week, clutch problem, kept getting stuck in 1st or 2nd gear. It finally came to a halt on the motorway last week. I opened bonnet and noticed the reservoir was empty. Had to get recovery to get me home. Upon further inspection, I noticed I have a leak from the clutch cylinder hose pipe resonator(if that's what it's called) I contacted renault spares to enquire about the part. I don't know the model no of the part but sent my reg no and a picture. They won't accept this and want me to book in for diagnostic. Can anyone help me please? how do I find out the correct part no? This is what seems to be leaking. Many thanks resonator.jpg

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,254 Posts
have you followed the pipework back, see if there is a label on it
have a look at a Clio mk4

Looks the same as your one

·
Registered
865 Posts
Lucky that's the part that's leaking. Unclip the old one from the line and clip the new one back in. To bleed, you need to lift the clips in a certain order.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky that's the part that's leaking. Unclip the old one from the line and clip the new one back in. To bleed, you need to lift the clips in a certain order.
Thank you I have watched a few you tube videos, I will check before I do it. I really hope it's nothing more serious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I managed to get a price from Renault main dealer, £52.36, I think I will go for the new part
Well just for reference, that part is common to fail being honest.
would this part failig/leaking
also stop me being able to get the car into gear?

·
38,254 Posts
YEP Slave cylinder is empty,

Basically this is what happens
When you press your clutch, this sends fluid from the master cylinder, through your leaking part, down to the slave cylinder, the slave cylinder moves the bearing attached to it, onto the pressure plate, this then forces the pressure plate open, and then the clutch plate can spin
Because the clutch plate spins, you can then select gears.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I managed to get a price from Renault main dealer, £52.36, I think I will go for the new part

would this part failig/leaking
also stop me being able to get the car into gear?
Yes, 100%. Ours2012's post explains in full what purpose the fluid has in the slave line.

Without that bearing inside the gearbox touching against the clutch spring. There's no way to change gear to switch output power, and also no way to engage the gearbox.

The price you've been quoted is good coming from Renault themselves. On a part like this, always replace with OEM parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do I need to replace just the damper round bit or the whole part? Would this be an easy job? Battery out? etc

·
Registered
865 Posts
Do I need to replace just the damper round bit or the whole part? Would this be an easy job? Battery out? etc
The whole part I'm afraid. Lift both of the 2 clips to the left of the part in your image. Pull the line gently and follow the other side until you see another set of clips. Remove the line from them clips and pull the part and refit the new one in reverse order. To bleed the clutch, you'll need to lift the clips to the left of that part in your image. Then have someone pump the clutch pedal. Make sure you have a clear tube and small bottle to check when all the air has been removed from the line. Once that's done, push the leftist clip fully down. Then clip the right clip down 1 click. That's it then, jobs done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The whole part I'm afraid. Lift both of the 2 clips to the left of the part in your image. Pull the line gently and follow the other side until you see another set of clips. Remove the line from them clips and pull the part and refit the new one in reverse order. To bleed the clutch, you'll need to lift the clips to the left of that part in your image. Then have someone pump the clutch pedal. Make sure you have a clear tube and small bottle to check when all the air has been removed from the line. Once that's done, push the leftist clip fully down. Then clip the right clip down 1 click. That's it then, jobs done.
Thank you, A friend of mine has started taking engine apart battery out battery tray etc(I was concerned and stopped him) is this necessary

·
38,254 Posts
YES
Get as much room around the job as possible

DONT get any fluid on the paintwork on the outside of the car, it acts like a paint stripper

Get a can of brake and clutch cleaner
IF you do inadvertently touch the bodywork, spray the cleaner over straight away
Dont leave it ,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts