Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help? Our car splutters first thing in the morning & loses power for no reason while driving. I then have to either put foot down on accelerator or take foot off & put it back down again for turbo to kick in.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
hi there, sounds bit like you maybe having glow plug or egr trouble, what does it drive like once it has warmed up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scenic

hi there, sounds bit like you maybe having glow plug or egr trouble, what does it drive like once it has warmed up?
No difference at all, had a sensor changed by renault in the turbo & made no difference. Because the on board computer is not recording a fault ,they are saying they cannot find the fault. The diagnostics is showing no faults. It feels like either there is a blockage or the cars computer is not informing the engine of the relevant information for the engine to run properly. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
dont know if this is at all relevant, but I had a recall on my 2006 1.5dci scenic recently. Dont know if it would affect your scenic or not.

Renault Scenic - Injection Computer Reprogramming

This is to notify you that we have launched a service campaign affecting certain versions of the Renault Scenic. We have noted a potential for an immobilising breakdown caused by a blockage in the air conditioning compressor. It is therefore very important that you contact your Renault Dealer who will check your vehicle and complete any necessary repairs free of charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
engine missing

Can anyone help? Our car splutters first thing in the morning & loses power for no reason while driving. I then have to either put foot down on accelerator or take foot off & put it back down again for turbo to kick in.
Scenic now working fine. Factory Settings on car management system had changed. No reason given, but factory settings reset to original by dealership & noe runs perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts