Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure if im the only one but would the 2001 scenic 1.8 do better with a 6 speed gearbox,i mean its torquey as hell,and just seems to cry out for another gear,when its in 5th on a long run,either that or i need more sound proofing under the bonnet.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yes the 6 speed gear box fitted to the latest Scenic IIs do make a difference to the noise levels at higher speeds if not fuel economy I find my MPG returns are higher if I stay in fith apart from motorway use.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that ottoman

i just think its torque is to high,it goes like sh*t off a shovel when booted up.

mpg really means nothing i was looking at a 850 t5 before the scenic came to me.

sorry for swearing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a 2001 1.8 Scenic but I have not noticed too much engine noise - This could be due to the 20 month old twins kicking off in the back :)

Have you changed the air filter on your car? If so any help would be appreciated as I don't seem to be able to get to mine. The Haynes manual is no help to me as it does not cover this engine :steam:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have a 2001 1.8 Scenic but I have not noticed too much engine noise - This could be due to the 20 month old twins kicking off in the back :)

Have you changed the air filter on your car? If so any help would be appreciated as I don't seem to be able to get to mine. The Haynes manual is no help to me as it does not cover this engine :steam:

not done anything under the bonnet as cars full service history,was done 4 weeks before i bought it.

but have read there not good to come off.

will suss it out and get back to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts