Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have new arrival at work,a 2001 Scenic F4R Monaco which has a few issues,one of which I haven't had any experience of yet.It's only just come into work this afternoon and I haven't had a decent look at yet,but would like to go work on Monday with at least a few things to try.:)

When you switch the ignition on the dash dials and mileage readout go into almost a self test mode,all the characters on the odometer light up and the dials dance around.This continues if you start the car,the dials have a mind of their own and stick where ever they want to (at one stage I was doing 160mph at 2000rpm which was impressive:d).

The only way to stop the problem is to press the odometer reset button,then everything works as it should.....until the next time the ignition is switched on and it all happens again.I have tried pressing and holding the reset button but it has no effect.

I know the gauges will play up if the battery is low,but it starts OK with the battery so it can't be all bad.The car has been sat for some time previously though (possibly months).

Many thanks for any help.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I managed to sort it,I'm not 100% sure how though.Randomly pressing/holding the mileage reset button and the button on the end of the wiper stalk together with some swearing seemed to do the trick.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts