Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

This is the first time i've posted on here. I wondered if you guys could help me with one question......
I jus tbought a july 03 scenic ( older shape) and I want to put a dog guard in it....seemed simple..BUT....loads of the sites say that the guards are only asfe up to 2001 when curtain airbags were fitted to the scenic.
I contacted renault, and they say they've never heard of this being a problem and have offered to sell me a guard (part number 7701 416 393) for a nice round £100.
Can aonyone shed any light on this??????

Thank You.....
Nix

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hello,

I also have a 02 scenic (the wifes) with a dog guard fitted, Think its a renault part, it fits onto the rear door hinges and has a spreader bar at the base which goes between the two rear quarter lights, also a cut out for the center seat belt. I cant see how it interferes with the curtain airbags, as its behind the seats, and I assume the airbag deploys fwd into the rear passenger area.

And surely this would put renault in a very tricky place if an accident happened and the airbag was infringed or blew out the guard causing injury to a passenger.

take it easy

Murchin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks fro the advice. I drove down to ask them today..they didn;t seem to have a clue about it, but said there was no mention of airbag issues on their parts site. However the guy also didn;t know whether the airbag came out of the pillar or the roof....obviously knows his job..NOT!

Think i'm going to buy one anyway, as will be v unlikely have dogs and rear passengers in the car.

Cheers.
Nix

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
This is an interesting point.:)

Does anyone else have any comments or advice to offer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts