Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Renault scenic 11, my problem started two days ago with failure to start and dashboard said immobalizer fault so called out rac and they said they did`nt know what it was but suspected the batterie plus i have lost heating control lights, but then next evening coming home i lost all lights at the back of the car and are still out. The car is a 2003 (53) model, any ideas welcome please

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Alan I'm no expert but I'd start off following the RACs advice and have your battery tested, failing that I guess you need to start checking battery connections, also all earth leads :)

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Whoops Alan sori I forgot to say usually places like Kwik Fit will conduct these hard rate discharge battery tests FREEEEEEE!!! :d

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lights

I have taken the car back to the garage i bought it from in febuary, and they checked it and said that the ECU was no good and would have to be replaced at a cost of £466.36 , but luckley it is under warrenty so as Del boy would say lovely jubbly, but this has shacken my faith in renault :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on Monday i took my scenic into the garage and left it there until Teusday evening, i picked the car up and job done, no bill as it is under warrenty , thanks very much to all at cliste & rattle
of portishead, bristol. Not often you can sing the praises of a garage these days but they deserve it so well done guys, to Paul & Heather for all there help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts