Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Scenic in for the seatbelt recall today and asked them to put new blades on the front. Now I know its my own fault for not confirming the price but when it had been in a couple of months ago, I had asked then and was told they were "30 odd quid".

Well, SWMBO went and collected the car tonight to be hit with a cost of £44.56 each, plus VAT, plus £15.60 labour!

A total of £107.34! For two blinking wiper blades!!!

Now I know as I said its my fault for not confirming the price beforehand, but has anyone else replaced these wipers and if so, how much were they?

(Incidentally I had went to Halfords and couldn't find wipers for my car and didn't really like the look of the fittings on them for changing them!)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one on here replaced the wipers on a Scenic II? Mods, should this be moved to the Scenic forum?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Sounds like you have been ripped off. £44 for the pair sounds a bit more like it, still expensive tho. It may be a paperwork mistake, price may have been for a pair but when they entered the price they may have but in 2 wipers.Double check the invoice. I would go back to the dealer, or phone the parts dept and ask for a price to "supply" a pair of wiper blades for a scenic II - see what they come up with. If a pair is about £40 + vat, tell them you have been overcharged.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a set for my wife's Scenic II, at the same time as I had my 18k service on the Espace. Seem to recall that they were £24.00 each, so both cars were a nice round £100.00, This makes them around 2.5 times more expensive than the BOSH/Halfrauds ones, but they are bigger (but not 2.5 times bigger).

What is annoying for me (sorry moving the topic slightly) is t he fact the RHD Espace IV's had the wipers set for LHD models. This means the passenger side of the car has good windscreen clearance, whilst the driver has to put up with a large uncleaned area (I am 1.95m tall and look out of the upper area of the screen.....

anyway, sounds like you have been over charged for your blades...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phoned two different dealers today and they both quoted me £58 for the pair! Am awaiting my dealer's response!

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Give em Hell :)

and seek monetary compensation for the psychological damage they have caused by making you think you have the worlds most expensive wipers.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I've only just found this thread having just been quoted by my Renault dealer a price of £58 for a pair of wipers for my MK2 Scenic :eek:
Although they are the best wipers I've ever had on a car, the price is daylight robbery!!
A guy on eBay is advertising some, but the measurements seem wrong ?
I mentioned the price to a mate who runs a Merc E-class and he reckons genuine Merc blades are cheaper and he was laughing his head off until I reminded him that his bill for having a window winder motor replaced last year was £590 !!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I use GSF car parts for most spares, about 50% of Renault prices , they list pair of Valeo/PJ blades for Senic from 03 onwards for £28.50 + vat

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi,

I have just had my front wipers changed at service £25.00 each, They had to order them in as the design changed from Dec 04 my car being a March 05 Scenic II no charge for fitting just as well at that price, New wipers make a big difference. Got the recall work done, Rear seat belts & the Window clips & check for the brake pedal problem my car was not part of the recall for brakes.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I have just bought a pair of Bosch Aerotwin blades for our Lag for £27+vat from our dealer.. They are a huge improvement over the old "spoiler type" blades. Not much more than buying a set of Halfords own brand ones.

Part No for Laguna II (2001-2005): 77 11 236 180

·
Registered
2 Posts
scenic ii wiper blades. I got valeos from wiperblades.co.uk for £39.45 pr.

I got valeos from wiperblades.co.uk for £39.45 pr.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a pair of wiper blades last week from my dealer and they were £58.10. So 58 seems to be the magic number.

Sam:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
I agree the wipers are expensive, but isn't this partly because the wipers (on the Espace III at least) come with built in washers? I've had to make do with some refills for now...

·
Registered
32 Posts
:) got a pair from the pound shop.even if they did.nt work it was worth trying. they worked , and cost:) £1.00
and they'll probably only last a week :)
Still if the dealer costs ~ £60 per pair you could change them weekly for 30 weeks!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Blades

I bought 2 pair of 16inch and 24inch:) from Tesco about £3.50 a pair and they work great.
Kind regards Ashes

·
Registered
23 Posts
New Renault Scenic Wipers

Just bump this to the top....

Try these for compatible wipers...

Speeding.co.uk - This company is local to me and their over counter service is good - can not advise as to their on-line service

or good old ebay....

Fletchers Autostore
or
AUTOMOTIVE PARTS AND TOOLS DIRECT

Works out about £30 per set of 2

When buying Scenic blades beware - those shown as MkII 1996 on (24" and 16") are for the orginal shaped Scenic. They will not fit the new shape (current) Scenic which has 26" and 22" wipers.

As is usual with modern models there are also 2 different types of wiper on the new shape Scenic. Those from 2003 to Dec 2004 (Valeo X-TRM VM400) and those from Jan 2005 onwards (Valeo X-TRM - VM419)

1 - 20 of 104 Posts