Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rear seats in Scenic.

Do you mean when you fold the back up, then fold the seats towards the front seats?

I have a new shape grand Scenic, and I get the same issue - only today did it come to be a problem.

They don't lock up, and when you accelerate forward, they fall down under a lot of force - they fell on a wooden chair I had in there today :(

The instruction book doesn't mention them locking, but it does say that you need to slide the front seats further forward when you fold them up.
But you need to put them forward a long way, I'm not tall, and I can hardly drive with them forward enough so the back seats don't fall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ron

That is exactly the problem I have and the seat punched holes through 2 half sheets of gyproc I was carrying. I had the model before and the seats locked into place, this car overall is a pile of S**T, and is the last renault I will ever buy.
It is not the renault quality I have known over years.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I had the model before and the seats locked into place, this car overall is a pile of S**T, and is the last renault I will ever buy.
It is not the renault quality I have known over years.
Actually, I think the quality is a massive improvement over what put me off Renault years ago.
But you're right, it's not up to the standard of the Fords I've had, but they were much, much simpler.

I've read the handbook, again, there isn't a way to lock them down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Have you read handbook, you have to flip red lever to lock them in i'm sure, I have just got rid off mine after owning for 3 months could not take it any longer.
The red lever was on the last model and locked automatically, it had to be unlocked to put the seats back in position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.