Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Am looking at changing my 99 t reg 1.6 Alize to a 53 plate scenic II 1.5dci 80.

Does anyone here have one? and are they a good car?

thanks in advance.

Peter

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I'm not familiar with either, but a quick search is showing the Scenic 1.6 16v coming up as either 111 or 115bhp, depending on the year.

Based on that, I'd guess that there's probably not much in it torque-wise up to around 4000rpm, where the diesel will force you to change up, but the petrol would give you another 2000-ish RPM of useable torque.

So in a nutshell, if you never take your current 1.6 past about 4000rpm, you're not likely to notice much difference and of course you will see the benefits in fuel economy. If you do ever thrash the 1.6 to anywhere near the red-line, then you're likely to find the 1.5dCi 80 disappointing.

The only way you'll know for sure is to take one for a spin.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
I have an 06 Scenic 1.5 dci, must say I am very pleased so far.:d :d :d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi Am looking at changing my 99 t reg 1.6 Alize to a 53 plate scenic II 1.5dci 80.

Does anyone here have one? and are they a good car?

thanks in advance.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Have a search through the Forums it should give you an Idea what to expect, Click on the link I have posted below, Oil changes on the Diesel should be be shorter than the Manufacturers specification.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/scenic/14611-renault-grand-scenic-1-6-16v-7-seater.html

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pick the new car up on Weds it is an 1.5dci 80 Expression in Antique Green on a 53 plate had a drive today and was impressed with it (even though the keycard and electric handbrake might take some getting used to):)

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Glad you could join the Scenic crew ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you could join the Scenic crew ;)
Cheers had a 1.6 Alize (1999) for the last 3 years wasnt looking for a new shape but the deal was good .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the car Wed night and so far cant get the wife out of it !!!.

Got the 1.5dci 80 engine and for the kind of driving we do it is better than the 1.6 petrol we had in the mark1 this has just replaced. It pulls better from low revs and easier aroud town

Am getting used to the diffrences between the two things like the switchgear being slightly different the engine and gear box. Biggest difference is the electronic handbrake, still find myself reaching down for the lever instead of the switch on the dash !!!.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Herer she is :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got back from a week in North Wales / Anglsey. Done 580 miles and still got approx 2 1/2 gallons left (according to the computer (that would have been 2 tanks in the last Scenic))

It happily cruised at 75 on the motorway, Ambled along nicely in the small towns and villages and gobbled up the hills without a 2nd thought.

Did a 200 mile trip from the caravan too and around (on the back roads) Anglsey doing a lap around the coast stopping at any places that we thought were interesting. Got back to the Van and felt as fresh as when i started.

So after five weeks I am delighted with the car. I really liked the last Scenic but this one far surpasses it.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Excellent news Peter.:)

I hope you continue to be pleased with your new car.:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Just got back from a week in North Wales / Anglsey. Done 580 miles and still got approx 2 1/2 gallons left (according to the computer (that would have been 2 tanks in the last Scenic))

It happily cruised at 75 on the motorway, Ambled along nicely in the small towns and villages and gobbled up the hills without a 2nd thought.

Did a 200 mile trip from the caravan too and around (on the back roads) Anglsey doing a lap around the coast stopping at any places that we thought were interesting. Got back to the Van and felt as fresh as when i started.

So after five weeks I am delighted with the car. I really liked the last Scenic but this one far surpasses it.:)
Yes comfort is a big thing in the Scenic II, As in most Renaults most people would be able to find a suitable seating adjustment, Also the large glass area gives a very bright and open outloo, Tho the aircon can struggle to cope in the very warm weather.

Keep us informed of how you get on with your new car.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife has the Scenic 2 1.5dci 106bhp, and I prefer to drive her car than the 220 company Merc, very comfortable 6 speed and a sit up and beg seating position. Very nice:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts