Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its for my Scenic RXE 99', from the front grill to the air filter box ... Mine is torn at both ends!!

Was gonna patch it up with tape ... But have my NCT coming this year!!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I see....

Mines missing off of my car!:)

Sorry for sounding dumb,but whats an NCT?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Aha.....I now know what a NCT is!:)

I always use FindaPart.co.uk - Parts Request for sourcing second hand parts,but I'm not sure if it's available in Ireland.:eek:

There is a Renault breakers thread on the forum,so that might be worth a try,and eBay is always worth a look.

There is some special corragated metal pipe that can be used.All you need is the diameter and length you need,and any decent motor factor should be able to supply you with some.I can't think of the proper name for it,but it's like metal foil with a wire skeleton inside it that can be bent into shape.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Renault Air Ducting

Hi Hightower – I see you are from the Emerald Isle (did you have a good St. Pats., Day) – I’m from Belfast – the guys on the mainland have it easy when it comes to Vehicle Testing – the system in both parts of Ireland are more stringent than the mainland UK. A good neat repair job using gaffer tape should be OK as the air intake pipe is not a critical safety component and shouldn’t affect the running of the car. Yeh! The Renault stuff is just too expensive but I suggest you try some of the motor factors as similar ducting can be bought in varying lengths and cut to suit. Hope this helps and God Luck.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
mine started to split so recovered it in waterproof duck tape before it got chance to get any worse ! at £130 for a replacement someones making some dosh !!!!!:steam:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi Hightower – I see you are from the Emerald Isle (did you have a good St. Pats., Day) – I’m from Belfast – the guys on the mainland have it easy when it comes to Vehicle Testing – the system in both parts of Ireland are more stringent than the mainland UK. A good neat repair job using gaffer tape should be OK as the air intake pipe is not a critical safety component and shouldn’t affect the running of the car. Yeh! The Renault stuff is just too expensive but I suggest you try some of the motor factors as similar ducting can be bought in varying lengths and cut to suit. Hope this helps and God Luck.:)
Cheers for the advice .... Done a quik fix for the moment with rubber hose and cable ties ....

Will get the big roll of duct tape during the week! And tape it up!!

Yeah ~ Had a great Paddys weekend!! Drinking pints of the green stuff!! Dam Skyfest tonite was cancelled due too bad weather

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mines gone too !

Hi did you manage to source the air tube that goes from the air filter housing to the front grill ?.
Just torn mine at both ends and have made temporary repair using cut down plastic pop bottles but looks a mess.
I had a VW Beetle some years ago and you could buy similar flexible air tubes for a bout £3 a go - I wonder whether the internal diameters are the same ? Will check and get back to you.
Thanks
Tony

1 - 12 of 12 Posts