Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi this is my first posting and new to the forum so please be gentle with me.

I have a renault scenic 1.5 dti 54 plate and have a problem with my alarm, it keeps going off for no apparent reason, i have cleaned the connections and checked the sensors but to no avail.

looking for some help before an expensive trip to renault dealer!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
You have a 54 plate car so it will still be under warranty. Take it to your dealer.

To eliminate the sensors - set the alarm disarming them for a few days, if you still get false alarms you know it isn't the sensors, and more likely a door/boot/bonnet switchfault.
However, if you dont then it is the sensors that are probably too sensitive - a dealer can adjut.

·
Registered
4 Posts
alarm problems

You have a 54 plate car so it will still be under warranty. Take it to your dealer.

To eliminate the sensors - set the alarm disarming them for a few days, if you still get false alarms you know it isn't the sensors, and more likely a door/boot/bonnet switchfault.
However, if you dont then it is the sensors that are probably too sensitive - a dealer can adjut.

Hi I am joining this conversation as I too have an alarm problem as described. Where are the sensors located? How do you disarm the alarm?

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
hi chris,
usually the problem with scenic II alarms is with the switch on the bonnet.can u hear a high pitched "beep" when u lock your car.if u can lock the car and press down on the bonnet just above the renault badge.if the "beep" stops u no its the bonnet switch at fault.you can get a rubber nipple from your local dealer for a couple of pounds that slides on top of the switch.

hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alarm problem

Thanks for your reply, however i do get a buzzing noise but it seems to be coming from the tailgate rather than the bonnet. I have looked around the tailgate but can not find any sensors other than two rubber/plastic bushes.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
thats right the noise does come from the nearside rear of the car as that is where the alarm siren is located.did u try pushing down on the bonnet to see if the noise stops??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alarm problem

Hi

Thanks for the advice, I did as you said and it worked. I stuck a amall piece of rubber to the underside of the bonnet above the sensor and it seems to work. Very pleased, it didn't go off last night and we even got an uninterrupted nights sleep last night.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes!!! How do we disarm the alarm?

Hi I am joining this conversation as I too have an alarm problem as described. Where are the sensors located? How do you disarm the alarm?
Yes!!! How do we disarm the alarm? Please help it stops us from getting the sleep we need!

·
Registered
7 Posts
thats right the noise does come from the nearside rear of the car as that is where the alarm siren is located.did u try pushing down on the bonnet to see if the noise stops??
i have removed my bonnet sensour cause was making a high pitched noise when locked and it still went off but high piched noise has stopped .now i have dis armed the inside seso0urs + try ing that wish me luck lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
how do you disarm the alarm?! or even locate the sensors... dur -i'm not very car friendly. (but have just joined this forum today in an attempt to get my scenic issues sorted before i go mental!)

i was in asda today & they called out my reg over the tannoy as the bloody alarm was going off!

i am sure renault replaced the bit(s) under the bonnet - i took it in twice when i got it second hand last april & then gave up & just took up swearing like a trooper & frantically locking & unlocking with key card, which seems to work eventually (not recommended as only very short term solution!)

Any advice!? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just found this post today and it's exactly the problem I have. Is the "switch on the bonnet" part of the spring loaded catch assembly? A Renault garage here (in France) checked all sensors on the diagnostics and all working OK. They could not find any problem. No shrill bleep either so an intermittent problem. I think it only happens when I'm in town and need to lock up! When it happens next I'll try pushing down the bonnet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the photo. Easy to find with that. I'll try adding a picture of the underside of the bonnet which has a hard plastic piece attached to push the sensor down. Mine is in place OK but must be a bit worn not to to the job sometimes

/Users/johnmorgan/Desktop/P1010798.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right, let's have another go at posting a photo.
I think the bit I show (top right) may not be a Renault part but a diy job? anyway it's now filled with epoxy resin to fully press the bonnet alarm switch. thanks to all who posted about this. The second time in a few weeks the forum had the answer - not the Renault garage!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,
Not sure my alarm issue is similar. But posting the issue.
I have EN53 Renault Scenic - 2003 model.
When I switch on the ignition -alarm will go off. High panic sound and flashing lights.

Any help is highly appreciated - before visit to expensive renault dealer

Thanks
Sajeendra

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi this is my first posting and new to the forum so please be gentle with me.

I have a renault scenic 1.5 dti 54 plate and have a problem with my alarm, it keeps going off for no apparent reason, i have cleaned the connections and checked the sensors but to no avail.

looking for some help before an expensive trip to renault dealer!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi having same problem with my Renault scenic I have replaced battery 2 days a go and alarm as started again

1 - 20 of 21 Posts