Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum.
I have posted on this forum under "electrical fault maybe" the problem with my Scenic auto. I have just rang Renault and their service guy says he almost 100% convinced that it is an EMV Valve. What is this and is it a major job? He is quoting £74.99 to look at it and if it is that around £350 to fix it. Does that sound right? I know jack about cars except how to point and drive. Any help would be gratefully received.
Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its strange you should mention that as I lifted the bonnet when I got home and the fan was going and a lot of heat was coming off the engine.
I have tried looking for the ATF dipstick but cannot find it? any suggestions?
Chris

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
The newer autos dont have an ATF dipstick although there may be a plug at the front of the box about half way up. The fluid should fill to the level of the plug, renault have a special tool for checking it though. On my Clio there is an oil cooler and when I had a block in the cooling system I was getting problems with the auto, one of the things I cleaned out was the oil cooler when I flushed the system.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Chris. So does that mean I cannot, or supposed not to check the level? Thats odd isnt it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts