Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I really hope you guys can help I just bought my scenic last week and I'm struggling to open the bonnet. I have located all the levers it just seems that one of them is not doing what they are meant to do.

Please help one desperate scenic owener.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
When you say "levers" I take it you mean the handle under the dash on the passenger side and the pull handle in the grille.
Mine doesn't pop the bonnet up right away when I pull the handle inside the car ..... I need to pull the handle in the grille and stick a finger under the front edge of the bonnet & help it up after I pull the handle inside the car. It's just a bit sticky, but I've greased the assembly now and it does seem to be loosening off a bit.
Hope this is the info you're after :d

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

When you say "levers" I take it you mean the handle under the dash on the passenger side and the pull handle in the grille.
Mine doesn't pop the bonnet up right away when I pull the handle inside the car ..... I need to pull the handle in the grille and stick a finger under the front edge of the bonnet & help it up after I pull the handle inside the car. It's just a bit sticky, but I've greased the assembly now and it does seem to be loosening off a bit.
Hope this is the info you're after :d
Thanks very much I will go and have a go straight a way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Just tried it and it worked, unfortunatley I don't have any WD40 but will get some and give it a good spary. Once again thanks very much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine's tight as well. In fact, when we were looking at the car, the seller struggled to get it open at all.

It seems better now (I've been poking and prodding about under the bonnet a bit) but still needs a helping hand occasionally.

Cheers
Postie

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Mine's tight as well. In fact, when we were looking at the car, the seller struggled to get it open at all.

It seems better now (I've been poking and prodding about under the bonnet a bit) but still needs a helping hand occasionally.

Cheers
Postie
Is it me or did i read this in the wrong way?

Oi er mrs!:d

·
Registered
9 Posts
WD40 is not lube oil or grease or any kinda oil based LUBRICANT!!! It's a low CH3 based petroleum based oil.....good for penetration .......to free- up "stuck metal stuff" it's gone with vapours , phew! I feel the vapours coming on now ...use a really low oil fractionate ..I.e simple grease (white!) .like farmers with a welding plant-----or easystart... Damage done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts