Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just joined forum ....some excellent information here. I have Renault Scenic and I want to change the cam belt as the car has 60k, the local Renault garage has quoted me £570 for Cam belt and £160 for the water pump :steam: .......does anyone know of a reputable garages that can do it for less in Herts/NW London area.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Tomino - what sort of engine is in your Scenic - that may give a better idea of how much it is likely to cost. Also what year is it.:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Timing belt cost for my Lag II

I was able to buy the timing belt kit, water pump and auxillary belt for £105 from my local motor factors and a good local independent garage fitted all for £60 with no VAT. He reckons he can do a timing belt on Laguna II DCi in 1-2 hours. Oh yeh he also renewed the antifreeze whilst he was at it for no extra cost. I have to admit I live in Northern Itreland where independent garages has relatively low overheads.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Make sure the garage has the special locking kit for this engine.It is most definately needed to change the belt.

Also make sure they quote for a cambelt kit(including tensioners/idlers etc) and a new crankshaft pulley bolt.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum, have a quick look in here for a list of recomended garages.
thanks for this I used V P Auto Services, they were very good charged £430, which included water pump replacement.............when comparing to Renault Watford who wanted £570 and additional cost to replace the pump £160. .....£300 cheaper !

:) :) :) :driving:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts