Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault - Scenic - Diesel -Injection Fault

44K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  ours2012 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2004 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9dCi (diesel). Just recently it has developed a fault and a beep sounds and two warning lights appear on the dash; the message INJECTION FAULT as well as a STOP warning light. Soon after this the engine begins to lose power as if starved of fuel. Leaving the engineswitched off for a couple of minutes, and then restarting, seems to temporarily clear both the warning lights, and the engine problem. However the situation appears to be getting more frequent. :confused:

I don't know but I suspect that this may have something to do with the fuel filter. I don't know where this is located - can someone help? Also is it possible to drain/flush this filter, or should I just replace it? - assuming you think I'm right with the cause.

Cheers
Dan:d

#4 ·
Fuel Filter

Hello, the fuel filter housing is in the O/S/F wheel arch. I did my filter by taking off the front wheel, remove the inner arch guard (front bit) and then you remove the wiring connector, the fuel inlet and fuel return pipes. then you remove the whole assembly, undo the bolt which goes through the centre, remove old filter and fit new one. Refit all parts and then fill the filter assembly by pumping the bellows next to the expansion bottle to fill the fuel filter assembly with diesel, then start ! Job done.
PS The "genuine" Renault filter is about £17, i fitted a Mahle one, it cost about £7. Hope this helps, regards Damian. :)

#5 ·
I just attempted to change my fuel filter - Scenic II DCi1.9 2004, I've got a Haines manual which goes into plenty detail on how to do it. However, having gained access to the filter, the 2 fuel pipes and the electrical connection are on the opposite side and are pretty well inaccessible. Its hard to get your hands around it and to see what you are doing. I decided to just give it a quick drain and have a scour around for any tips on disconnecting/reconnecting the pipes and electrics without spilling diesel everywhere/breaking something/failing to reconnect something/generally making a hash of it... any tips please :confused:

#6 ·
I have the same problem. I have a 2004 - 04 1.5 deisel Scenic and it had a major service in feb. Everything was replaced, oils, filters ect. The injector fault still comes up. It always happens when I'm going over 65mph and whenever I put my foot down to move off quickly. It sometimes happens when I'm going slower than 65 too. The car seems to stutter or cuts off completely with the Injector Fault on the dash and then I have to stop as the engine cuts out. Once I stop the car starts again as normal after a few pushes of the start button.

#7 ·
Note:
Regularly bleed out water that has accumulated
in the diesel filter through the bleed plug.
Some vehicles have a sensor for detecting water
in the diesel fuel, located in the diesel filter. If
water is detected in the circuit, the injection fault
warning light on the instrument panel comes on.

..david

#9 ·
I have 2006 1.5 diesel Scenic , it has had a major service Everything was replaced, oils, filters etc - all oil leaks fixed but on acceleration the injector fault flashes & says STOP. It always happens when am driving the car faster - motorways etc but not in town traffic so it is only when the engine is sitting at higher revs or when pulling out quickly from junctions etc.The whole car judders but does not cut out if you slow down alittle it returns to normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.