Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have just had the Resistor replaced on my Scenic 2.0 Fidji 2002 Auto.
They must have disconnected the battery while doing this as all clocks etc. were reset. Problem is I went to turn the radio on today and it asks me for a code that I do not have as I did not have the Owners manuals when I bought the car.
Is there a default code for these systems?
Many thanks
Chris

Please note:
We do not allow the distribution of radio codes via the forum. We will also remove links to radio code sites where necessary. We are not confident that radio codes provided by anybody but a genuine Renault dealer are strictly legal, and are therefore not happy for this content to appear on the forum. It is, however, completely acceptable to ask for help in entering a genuine radio code. If you need a code, we would recommend that you contact your local dealer

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi crtvak

There is no default code for these radios,you can imagine if there was the thieves would be able to overide every one with ease.The only way to get it operating is to enter the correct code if it is the original radio any Renault dealer can supply the code from the records given proof of ownership.

There may be some software available to crack this feature but philips seems to the most secure.

I recommend a visit to Reno.

:) :)

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
The code wouldn't be in the owners manual. If you have it it should be in the "service book" at the front where all the other info with engine no etc in it.

As said go to Renault garage to obtain code, try asking tha garage that repaired the car for you to get the code from them, then if there is a charge they can pay.

It has been known for some radios to have the code actually wqritten on the radio itself. Presumably by previous owners who have removed the radio for some reason.
May be worth taking the radio out and having a look.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the info. I have had a look in the Service book and it is in there. How do I enter this code?
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi crtvak

Follow this method :-

Code Entry as Follows:
Switch Radio On - Display Shows
" CODE "
Press " ¬ " On The Stalk Control To Enter
Rotate " Thumbwheel " For Correct Digit
If the correct code number is now shown
Press And Hold " ¬ " Until A Beep Is Heard
And the Radio will then Turn On

Hope this helps.

:) :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Glenda but mine is not the new shape mine is the phase II. I have the computer control on the wiper end but no thumbwheel
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi crtvak

Can only find instructions for remotes with thumbwheels.

Hopefully someone will come along with your method of code entry.

(pass)

:confused:

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi CRTVAK, the remote and thumbwheel Glenda is refering to is the stereo remote controls (RHS of the steering wheel behind the wheel/stalks) not the computer control on the wiper stalk.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Glenda and Truck, I found it!!! followed your instructions this morning and works great thank you very much. You just saved me another £15 as the garage did not want yo know when we rang them!
Thanks again
Chris

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
There is no such thing as a default code.
The Code number is in the front of the Service Booklet - failing that your local Renault dealer can obtain the information through the vehicles VIN details. Adsk, they may do it for free!!
Alternative is to try :censored:
I could do it on my PC if you were nearby - Needs probe attached to radio.
Some decoders are able to do it from the Serial Number alone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've just had to enter my radio code for my Laguna after the battery was disconnected and Getafix's instructions were spot on.

Thank you Getafix!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have put the wrong code in and now when i press the "¬ " button noyhing happens. Does it lock itself after a certain amount of tries. Shall i try disconnecting the battery again?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts