Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 508 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi 3 basic steps

1 Check fuse

2 could be the switch

3 motors very unlikly that both are away at the same time i would start with the fuse and then turning the switch from one side to the other side to see if both sides are working if so happy days if not i would guess its the switch that is below where you operate the mirrors i hope this helps Donald.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right, just pulled out the switch, and it is fried. the connection plug thing that powers it had melted the switch and i need replacements for both.

i have seen switches on ebay, but dont know what the other bit is called

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i would think you will only get that from Renault unless you go to your local breakers yard and you will buy it there for pennys it would be much cheeper

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi once you have replaced it to check that the fuse is ok but you probely have already done so,so i will shut up:d

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i coult figure which fuse it was, none of the pics on the cover have a relevent piture and the car manual doesnt say anything that i could see.

must be looking in the wrong place?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
i coult figure which fuse it was, none of the pics on the cover have a relevent piture and the car manual doesnt say anything that i could see.

must be looking in the wrong place?
Hi it could be a relay then???not sure but if you do go throught the process of replacing the connector and switch or just hard wiring it and it does not work i would think that the fuse or relay has gone also all the best Donald.

·
Administrator
21,719 Posts
Rob,

The fuse that your after may well be the same one as for the heated rear windscreen.I say this as when the heated rear windscreen is switched on, the mirrors heat as well.

Have you checked that the heated rear windcreen still works too ?

Worth a look I suppose.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Rob go very carefully on this one!! My Scenic 2000 burst into flames last week and has been declared a total write off. It's all down to the door mirror control switch according to the fire brigade who were in attendance to the fire. I am currently processing the issue with Renault UK as I believe it is a fault in the design / manufacture of the vehicle electrical system. They are due to inspect my vehicle on 5th July and I would love to hear more from you on the matter. The worst part of the situation is, because the door mirror electrics are permanently live with the ignition off, the fire started with the vehicle parked on our drive.

I would be grateful if you took this up with Renault UK also as it will add more clout to what I know is a common problem. Their number is 08000 723372. The customer service manager is Alex Phelan and is dealing with my claim.

Please contact me via email :censored: and I will send you photos of my burned out Scenic

Regards

Dave

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Crikey, that is serious stuff. Judging by robaultscenics ISO connection he was lucky it didn't end up the same wayalthough the problem is, in all probability, the same.

Maybe Mr Wonky could highlight this thread somehow to enlighten others with potentially the same problem or indeed for others that may have suffered this problem to get into cahoots with one another.
Another fiasco like the Clio bonnet catch me thinks:crazy:

S

·
0 Posts
I'll be adding a front page article regarding this fault and will make mention of it either in next month's newsletter or by email to those members who have listed the Scenic in their profile

S

·
0 Posts
This thread has now been moved to the front page. It will be moderated (ie. your replies will not appear instantly) but I'll make sure your comments are approved as quickly as possible

S

·
0 Posts
All Renault Scenic II owners who have given us permission to email them have now been notified by email...

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I always worry about being considered a spammer, but certain bits of news are worth passing along ;)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I always worry about being considered a spammer, but certain bits of news are worth passing along ;)
Think of it as a duty of care:rofl:

Anyone got any suggestions what Scenic owners can actually do to check this on their mottahs? Obviously a quick check of the ISO connection would be a start....if it looks anything like the one pictured previously that would set alarm bells ringing:crazy:

1 - 20 of 508 Posts