Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how to get at the fuses under the bonnet in the scenic?
took the two screws out and removed top half piece of fuse box casing but still cant get access to the fuses
is there a release catch or whatever to remove the rest of the fuse box casing?

my front wipers hav packed in and wanna check fuse

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Idiot - any idea why the fuse blew in the first place - remember a fuse is a safety device that is designed to fail whenever a circuit gets overloaded.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi mad
sorry for delayed response
been on holiday for 2 weeks
dont know cause, gunna get it checked out
thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, can anyone add to this old thread to complete please?

How do you get access to the fuses in the engine compartment once you have taken the lid off? Do you have to remove the battery and then unbolt the fusebox?

I need to check the 40A fan fuse which is nearest the wing :crazy:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, also need an answer to this as my scenic won't start (no reaction from the start engine). Thinking that it may be one of the fuses under there I need to remove the second part of the cover... but how?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I went to check the fuses under the bonnet yesterday and after removing the first fuse box cover, I could not figure out how to get the second cover off, it was quite annoying as you can just about see the fuses, but the second plastic cover stopped me getting to the fuses I wanted to check.
Can anybody help?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same here.... How do you get to the fuses??? Had the battery out but cant figure out how to take the top off to access them monster fuses

ta

O

·
0 Posts
I suspect it will be much the same and I doubt Haynes will publish another manual for the later models.

Same with the Suzuki Vitara. Haynes do a Suzuki manual that supposedly covers it, but it's for entirely different models, so is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spoke to the dealership , i was advised that you have to take the Batt. out and then unscrew the RED wire that is bolted to the fusebox and take the tray out which holds the fuses, even the mechanic said its not a easy job. maybe Renault didnt look at the design properly, even their own technicians struggle :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I semi did mine last weekend. I removed the battery, moved the ecu out the way, took the lid off the fuse box. What stops you getting it out is actually the battery housing. When the battery has been removed it shows 3 bolts in the bottom of the housing. If you can undo these the battery housing should come out. Unfortuantely one of my bolts was seized solid and I couldnt shift it. Back to the fuse box..... Its made up of two parts... the top tray (with all the smaller fuses in) and the bottom tray that houses the larger fuses. If u put a flathead screw driver down both sides of the tray it unclips the tray and it then slides out. If you havent removed the battery housing tho, this will get in the way, however it is possible (i did it). Its not easy to do but it is possible. My fault was a 10a fuse, replaced and resolved (although i dont know why it went in the first place (i have an idea but i wont go into that).

I searched for ages for a how to.... but found nothing. I hope this helps a little

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi sorry but wondered if someone could inform whivh fuse is for the dash display. The display has just been replaced anf my husband was changing the radio. must have been wired wrong and the fuses blown but struggling to find the correct one to replace. Please help!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts