Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that there was a thread about being unable to use roof bars on a vehicle with a glass roof, but cant find it (mine being a Scenic II 1.6dci Oasis(special edition) with a fixed glass roof) Does anyone know if this a fact that you cant use roof bars with my scenic?

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Donald, just recently got back from a sojourn to Spain, and was wondering if I could use a top box to get more of the vino home

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Very nice you lucky lad,as i said not to sure to honest i would like to think so???iam sure someone will help soon

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Donald, havent been called a lad for some time now though....I am not in a hurry for an answer, just would be a good idea if I could

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Donald you old sage.....where did you find that piece of knowledge mate

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again Donald, I couldnt find anything about it,,,,must be blind

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Thanks again Donald, I couldnt find anything about it,,,,must be blind
Sorry i have to say it did not see glass but on looking at the bars that go from side to side i do not see this being a problem as they attach to either side of the car and not on the flat roof part where the glass is i hope this helps Donald

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have sent a request for a difinitive answer to Renault, they should get back to me within 24 hours

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
will post the answer, if and when

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just been looking at that one on ebay....from looking it seems that it is ok to use them with a glass roof.....just got to try to get a bargain now!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

I've have a 2006 Scenic II special edition 'Latitude' with the fixed glass roof and have the renault roof bars part number 77 11 225 011. I even bought them on Ebay :)

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
update on roof bars with glass roof for scenic

Just been on the phone to RCS and they say that it is not recommended to use roof bars with a glass roof. "it would be seen as a modification"????? They would not send me written confirmation and said to email them......after a wait of some days for an answer I am not convinced they would reply anyhow.

I would like to know how it could be classed as a modification when the rails have the slots in them for fitting roof bars, and if I used Renault bars how can it be a modification.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's strange how in the accessories booklet I have for the Scenic it shows the Roof Bars on a Scenic with Glass roof 3 times. Once for the roof bars and twice with the roofbars with a cycle carrier attatched!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts