Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scenic recalls

Hi Everyone,
I have received 2 recalls for my scenic. The first was to do with a problem with the auto gearboxes, ( I thought they were having a laugh seeing i've had 3 new ones already :crazy: ). However my dealer says they know nothing about it, the recall isn't listed on their computers. I'm still waiting for some form of sensible answer, as usual.

The 2nd recall which came recorded delivery and marked urgent, is for a fault with air con compressors failing and causing the engine to cut out. Thankfully the dealer actually knew about this one and my car is in being repaired today.

Who else has received these recalls, and have you had any problems with dealers not knowing about them?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi,

I have not heard of the gearbox recall, But the Air-con one is on going I believe it is a software problem it affects Scenic IIs & Megane IIs they are certainly taking there time getting round everyone on this Asterix on the Forums here had his done a while ago.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our Scenic (2003 new shape) has been recalled three times, once for the rear seat belts which needed to have the bottom bolts removed and then loctited in place.

The windows were the next thing, apparently a clip can break which holds in the windows to the runner, so they were changed.

And thirdly the brake pedal was checked for cracking, it was ok though.

Maybe this is due to ours being an early model?

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
The recall for the aircon, was to update the ecu to tell it not to immobilise the engine if a blockage occurred in the aircon, I had this update done a couple of weeks ago

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
There was also a recall for front seat frames possibly cracking on Scenic IIs.

My05 Scenic II had the 3 recalls done, Rear seat stalks, Window clips, brake pedal check which involved the possible loss of braking ?.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi , yes it seems it was a software update as others have mentioned. Its a pity the service receptionist didn't know that as i told her my a/c had actually stopped working last week, she said oh thats ok they are working on it anyway so they will see whats wrong. Fast forward 5 hrs and i go to collect my car and ask is my a/c ok now then? As usual noone knows anything about it, 'it was just a software update' we didn't know it was faulty. So a techy comes out to car, switches it on puts a/c on full oh it's not working, he says. doh! :steam:
So after more arsin around they eventually say your compressor isnt running, we'll have to bring it back in another day and strip down the system. Absolute muppets!!
I can't wait to get rid of this bloody car and its problems and get away from this incompetent dealer.:mad:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I think this is the problem, It's the very hit & miss level of after sales service from Renault garages that is the biggest problem with Renault ownership.

Yes we get problems/faults but it is how these are attended to that can break the Camels back, I must admit I have had superb service from the Franchise I deal with in sales & workshop but from the amount of posts on the Forum it appears many Members have not had the same experience , Even tho the problems/faults are well known to Renault and the workshop.

Alas Renault are not alone in this many other Manufacturers seem to be the same.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

First post, so please treat me gently.

I've just purchased a 53 2004 Scenic Dynamic from a main dealer. Already had to take it back as it developed a fault in the auto gearbox, ended up having the hydralic distributor replaced. However while I still have the 3 month Warranty I'm wondering whether I will be able to have all the recall work done on it. Is there a list of the recals for this year of Scenic that I can get my hands on?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Bodxx.

If you contact a Renault main dealer and give all the relevant details they can tell you if any recall work is outstanding on your car it is not time barred by a warranty.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
A list of safety related re-calls will be on the VOSA website.

Other than that,then a Renault main dealer would be your best bet.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last time my same model was in for a service the dealer carried out seatbelt locknut, wiper motor and electric window regulator tech bulletins... the seatbelt clip was a safety recall the others only if they are a problem while under warranty.

I'm in Australia but guess these apply all over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They didnt say - just mechanical linkages or mounting I think...

Notice how they never fully debrief owners what the problem was and how it was fixed... maybe they think we wont understand or its none of our business...

*shruggs*

Still, it's a great little car and we are just now expecting deliveries of the fist Diesels here in Aus. Perhaps we should trade it soon.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
They didnt say - just mechanical linkages or mounting I think...

Notice how they never fully debrief owners what the problem was and how it was fixed... maybe they think we wont understand or its none of our business...

*shruggs*

Still, it's a great little car and we are just now expecting deliveries of the fist Diesels here in Aus. Perhaps we should trade it soon.
Yeah seems to be the same here unless you know the service dept well, Thanks for letting us know.

The diesels are pretty good if there is a big fuel cost saving in Aus or the mlieage is such is there a price premium on diesel cars down under ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just had my Scenic Mot'd at main dealer and have been asked to book it in for a recall - 'reprogramme injection computer' on the paper work it says 760/761/782 if this means anything! - They couldn't do it at time of MoT because they said the engine needed longer to cool down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi All

I took your advice and contacted Renault UK, below are the contact number they gave me.
If you are going to call make sure you have your Chassis number(bottom of windscreen) to hand as they used this instead of Reg number.

Hope this helps

I have checked our records and there are no outstanding recalls on your vehicle on our system. However, Renault does have a dedicated recall department who may have further information. If you would like to contact the recall line, please feel free to do so on 0800 328 2403.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services department on 0800 072 33 72.

·
Registered
85 Posts
car recalls

Hi Everyone,
I have received 2 recalls for my scenic. The first was to do with a problem with the auto gearboxes, ( I thought they were having a laugh seeing i've had 3 new ones already :crazy: ). However my dealer says they know nothing about it, the recall isn't listed on their computers. I'm still waiting for some form of sensible answer, as usual.

The 2nd recall which came recorded delivery and marked urgent, is for a fault with air con compressors failing and causing the engine to cut out. Thankfully the dealer actually knew about this one and my car is in being repaired today.

Who else has received these recalls, and have you had any problems with dealers not knowing about them?
to find out what recalls your car has had go to http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
this site works for all cars:d

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's been a recall for the faulty design of the driver window???

Arrrggggh!! I just spent £300 getting the electric window on the drivers side replaced, and that's after a year of talking to Renault Sweden (who knew nothing), writing to Renault France (who never replied), my dealer (who shrugged his shoulders), and trying to find a used replacement part (impossible, as everyone wanted that specific part).

Damnit, Renault! :steam:

Please tell me if there's been a recall for the "boot handle falls off" design problem too?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts