Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi Chris,

Lots of used Scenic Is on the market but as you are aware lots of junk it is really hard to find a good people carrier style vehicle in good nick on the used market there are some about if you look. I'm sure you don't need reminding of the pros and cons of Renault ownership ?, I'm afraid no sevenseater option on the Scenic I.

You should be able to get a very good car for your price limit.

Happy hunting

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
You'd get a better and newer Lag 1 phase 2 estate,and they did a seven seater version.

In my opinion the Scenics are over priced for what they are,and definately aren't as much fun to drive as your Clio!.They do tend to be a bit 'wobbly' because of the high centre of gravity.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might need to test a couple of Espaces as well in that case, lucky I'm good with a spaner, and I'm looking at staying with Renault because I know that any used peep carrier will need a bit of help now and then and at least I know of a good Renault resource.

Must post the web site on the forum

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'd get a better and newer Lag 1 phase 2 estate,and they did a seven seater version.

In my opinion the Scenics are over priced for what they are,and definately aren't as much fun to drive as your Clio!.They do tend to be a bit 'wobbly' because of the high centre of gravity.
Now I fancy the Lag estate, but the OH wants to be higher up. Bear in mind we live in West London, the home of the urban tank and she feels intimidated in the Clio as it's low down.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'd forget about an Espace for that money in all honesty.:eek:

Unless you were very lucky,you'd be buying a whole load of trouble.The Espaces are a breed apart from other Renaults,and are much more awkward to work on.

(Just my opinion before any Espace owners jump down my throat!):)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts