Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just bringing together info from other postings. I kept needing to find reassurance that I was doing it right and that it would unclip and not break.

The heater on my 2003 old-style Scenic would only run on the fastest speed. To remove the resistor pack I had to:

- Remove speaker covers on fascia to get access to 2 fixing screws

- Lever off the top of the fascia. (It clips into the vertical part of the fascia.)

- Remove the air pipe going to the passenger air vent from the centre of the car. This took lots of brute force to unclip it.

- Unscrew the resistor pack and unclip the 3 wiring connectors. Remove it from the car

Then cut off the thermal fuse and replace it with a new one from Maplins - fasten it on using screw-on connectors (with the plastic removed).

Replacing the air pipe was fiddly and it didn't really click back very well, but it works OK

Total cost - 71 pence for the thermal fuse (I used a 192 degrees one because there wasn't an exact match) plus a few layers of skin from my knuckles. And if there's a next time it will be much quicker. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have removed the top fascia, and the air pipe to the passenger side vent. I still cannot see the resistor pack. Is it clearly visible, or well hidden as most things seem to be on this car.......lol. Does anyone have a photo of where exactly it is located ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, I finally found the resistor pack............it was staring me in the face, but didn't look like any of the other pics posted in these forums. Checked the thermal fuse, as this eems to be a common issue but it looks OK, so suspect the fan motor.........:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts