Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Some merged threads on the subject of the location of the pollen filter on the Scenic 1.As you may gather the filter is located under the glove box.:)

Hi
Scenic 1600 2000reg.
Anyone know in detail where to find my pollen filter?
Cheers

A

·
0 Posts
Hi I had a look on ebay but could only find this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Lagun...ryZ10410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All is not lost however you could try asking this seller if he has any for your car - as he may work for Wests Renault of Bedford but not entirely sure..

If not save a search on e bay "pollen filter + renault" and wait for the email to arrive in your inbox when someone lists one..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Renault - Scenic I - Pollen Filter Location

Hi all

I dont have a Scenic, but my neighbour does. Its a Y reg 16v Scenic sport and he has a problem that I reckon is a clogged pollen filter (I've seen it on lots of other cars and changed the filter to good effect).
Symptom is interior fans working at all levels, but little air coming through.
I'm going to pick up a pollen filter for him, but not sure where to find it when I go to replace it. Can anyone help? A diagram or photo would be excellent, but good directions and any hints or tricks would be just as appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Its behind the passenger glove box.. and is accessed from under the passenger footwell, the cover is held in place by a 5mm bolt and is then slid forwards to release..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pollen filter

Hi all,

I'm new here so be gentle.

The blower in my W reg Scenic is pants, there must be a pollen filter that needs replacing, but where is it ?

Many thanks,

Paul.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
What engine is it? It's probably 'hiding' at the back of the engine. You have to unscrew the side, and then lift out or tip back the side of the filter box and then pull the filter out. If I can, I'll get some pic's for you tomorrow.

Welcome to the forums by the way. I've also moved your post to the heating and cooling forum where it will receive a wider audience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does it have air-con. If so you'll find it in the passenger footwell, behind the glove-box. By memory I beleive there is one screw to remove and then you slid the cover off towards the centre of the car and then pull out the filter. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
What engine is it? It's probably 'hiding' at the back of the engine. You have to unscrew the side, and then lift out or tip back the side of the filter box and then pull the filter out. If I can, I'll get some pic's for you tomorrow.

Welcome to the forums by the way. I've also moved your post to the heating and cooling forum where it will receive a wider audience.
:crazy: sorry to jump on your band wagon but where is the side undr the bonnet or in side?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
hi,

It always helps other Members to assist with any post if you can give the year, engine size etc of the vehicle.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does it have air-con. If so you'll find it in the passenger footwell, behind the glove-box. By memory I beleive there is one screw to remove and then you slid the cover off towards the centre of the car and then pull out the filter. Good luck
When you say 'behind' do you still mean accessible and visible if you lie in the footwell?

What shape is it? Cant find mine on my 2000 scenic (Ac)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes If You lie in the footwell it is clearly visable. I'm saying this from memory as I no longer have car but replaced it at least a couple of times when I had my scenic 1.6 a/c. It is about 1.5" wide by about 8" long with 1 screw in one end remove screw and slide cover off, it moves about an inch towards the middle of the car. the particle filter is stuck tightly inside it carefully prise it out from each end until you can get hold of it and then pull hard.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts