Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 2 months the rear passenger doors cannot be opened from the inside.....The car is on a 54 plate.
All other functions work fine.....This fault suddenly happened, not as a result of fiddling with anything.....Any ideas please ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
For the last 2 months the rear passenger doors cannot be opened from the inside.....The car is on a 54 plate.
All other functions work fine.....This fault suddenly happened, not as a result of fiddling with anything.....Any ideas please ???
I bet the child locks are activated.
Open the door and look above the catch. There should be a little switch. On my 2002 Scenic it is a small black switch which should be flipped towards the inside of the car to turn off the child locks.

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob, but we never activated the child locks....Nothing has been fiddled with, the fault just happened, as it were. The rear passenger doors used to work fine, and now they cannot be opened from the inside.
In normal circumstances, you would, I`m sure be quite correct....I`m wondering if it`s an electrical fault since both doors fail to open from the inside... ( ie they both "failed" at the same time). Many thanks for your comments Rob.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Check the switch were the window button is on the drivers door i bet you £10 the rear windows are locked which also stops the rear doors from been opened from inside - sort of child lock!

Deactivate it and i bet it works!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Dave,
Just tried the switch on the dash (with the little LED indicator) a few times, as this activates the deadlock feature..After half a dozen tries, the solenoids suddenly clicked on both rear doors, and now function again as normal......You and Rob were certainly on the ball , and so, thanks very much indeed.......I hate to think what a visit to a dealers would have cost....So to sum up,.it was a sticky switch. which has now cleared.....
Best wishes to one and all, and a big thank you to Rob and Dave.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Tell ya what me and Rob will split the cost of a diagnostic at the dealers lets say £40 each!:d

Seriously thats the whole reason for forums like this, to help one another out, the only reason i knew about this was that when i was playing taxi for my mrs and her friends a few times i had to keep jumping out the car as they were locked in!

Glad its sorted anyway!:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I noticed my left rear door problem is sometimes because the lock seems to not central lock/unlock.I don't have kids yet so the doors are not often used. Lubrication seems to help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Rob, but we never activated the child locks....Nothing has been fiddled with, the fault just happened, as it were. The rear passenger doors used to work fine, and now they cannot be opened from the inside.
In normal circumstances, you would, I`m sure be quite correct....I`m wondering if it`s an electrical fault since both doors fail to open from the inside... ( ie they both "failed" at the same time). Many thanks for your comments Rob.
this has happened with my rear offside door. Took it to my local Renault Autopoint & they advised its the inside of the door lock snapping off which would cost about £100 to repair!!!:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts