Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new to site i have a problem my keys for car will not let me immobilise car i have put new batteries in keys with no luck any ideas as i know if i take to renault dealer will cost a small fortune HELP !!!:)

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
sosa, not quite sure what you mean. How do you imobilise the scenic?

sorry what model year etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 1998 scenic and my plip keys will not let me open or start the car so imobliser not worling

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
bump

can anyone help. Things are totally different with my scenic, it has the card key.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Hi sosa and welcome to the forum,
If you go on search and type "immobiliser" you will find enough there for a book? (What works on one car doesn`t seem to work on another), This seems to be bit of a running theme with Renaults. I`ve also found that no matter how stupid the question somebody will try to help.

Coffeemad dad

·
Registered
88 Posts
hi
its been a while since ive done this but this is what i can make from my notes
open plip unit up if there is no sticker or a sticker with 5 or 7 characters then this will not work. If it has 8 then this might be worth a try.

1) with the ignition switched of all doors closed but unlocked press the master switch (central locking) for more than 5 seconds

.......................DOORS NOW LOCKED......................................

2)then within 10 to 15 secs press the lock unlock button(plip) once (twice on some models) them security system door locks should operate each time so there is no way to know but by trying

......................system should now have reset.........................

hope this helps

Ev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the red light on your key works when you press the button? if not, i guess the battery inside the key is dead. easy to change.
If its ok, do you have two keys? tried them both?

Yoy can try to recode your key, your manual should tell you how to. On my 2000 mod i have to be in the car, press the button for 10 sec, until the light on the key stops, and then press the button two more times. but check the manual on your '98.

You can also try to cut out the power from your cars battery, wait 30 sec, and connect it again.

any luck?

·
Registered
2 Posts
or, what seems to be my problem, does your wipers works??
mine doesnt, and my car want start.. someone told me that the ecu and the wipers share the same earth (ground) but where that ground is, i havent figured out yet..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts