Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
one side of my dash display has all but dissappeared, i guess it may be a bulb or something,if it is, just that how big a job is it to replace???????? and could some good-body tell me how it,s done .
cheers :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
hi mate, to get to the dash bulbs you need to remove the top half of the dash.....dont worry, its real easy, remove the speaker grills at either side of the dash, underneath these are 20 torx screws, one at each side, remove these screws and give the top half of the dash a light tap upwards while pulling it towards you gently, the dash will lift off revealing the instrument panel screws and the clock/radio display screws.

Bash on!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine seems to be on the blink too.. but I think it's more than just a bulb. The whole thing has gone crazy!

Does anyone know how much a new display will cost?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bulbs only cost £2 from halfords and it,s a ten minute job.....maybe worth a go first????????????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well i'll give it a go but the LCD numbers and such are flashing and only half are showing. I think it's well and truelly knackered. There's a scrappies down the road, so i'll give them a go too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had a "crazy display" too. It was due to water ingress from the sunroof that made its way into the dash hence the crazy display. Found the ill fitted pipe run off (that is a common build fault with Scenics) and the crazy display is now a fine display.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i have the same model car and had the same problem.
you need to take the stereo out first. then reach up and hold onto the back of the clock give it a firm pull it is held in with spring clips. there are two bulbs to replace i got mine from halfords and they sell two different ones bright or dim , i would say the dim as i got the bright and really need to change them, be patient though as tricky. cheers from rich.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have a 1997 Megane 1.4 eRT, which has problem with clock display. The radio display is bright and fine, but clock display is not working.It used to work fine before, but after a while it stoped working.
I didn't noticed the problem particularly, but it came very dimply for few days and not at all now. I have nearly crashed twice to check time on my mobile:p while driving and so I decided to get it fixed.

Can any body who had similar problem before offer any help please..

·
Registered
2 Posts
scenic radio dislay

Hi.I have a faulty radio display on my 2000 scenic.Only the time and the temp works.The rest is blank.I also have a problem with the tuner list cassette player.It just wont do anything.It seems to turn on and off,but nothing works,just beeping buttons and radio button illumination.could the display cause the fault with the radio.Please help!!.Its driving me mad.Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
I have a 1997 Megane 1.4 eRT, which has problem with clock display. The radio display is bright and fine, but clock display is not working.It used to work fine before, but after a while it stoped working.
I didn't noticed the problem particularly, but it came very dimply for few days and not at all now. I have nearly crashed twice to check time on my mobile:p while driving and so I decided to get it fixed.

Can any body who had similar problem before offer any help please..
I have EXACTLY the same problem, obviously a fault with these models. I'm gonna try the suggestion of taking the stereo out and see if I can reach the clock to pull it out and check the bulbs.

Not sure what to do with my wonky radio display though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok I removed my dashboard yesterday, fairly easy job, took the clock out and as soon as I twisted the bulb at the back it came on again.

With that problem solved at looked at my wonky radio display and it seemed one of the bulbs had blown. I took both out, put the good one back in, now I have no display at all!! I'm going to get 2 new bulbs but I'm a bit worried now that maybe I touched something that's caused the display to go completely.

Has anyone else had a similiar experience?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi mate, to get to the dash bulbs you need to remove the top half of the dash.....dont worry, its real easy, remove the speaker grills at either side of the dash, underneath these are 20 torx screws, one at each side, remove these screws and give the top half of the dash a light tap upwards while pulling it towards you gently, the dash will lift off revealing the instrument panel screws and the clock/radio display screws.

Bash on!!
CHEERS MATE IVE JUST DONE MINE TOOK ME HALF HOUR TOP BLOKE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts