Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I own a scenic 2002 Fidji 1.4 16v and have, since i got it, had a knocking noise coming from somehwere on the drivers side. I can't decide whether is at my feet or around the dasboard or even wheel.
It is getting progressively worse and i have had it back to the dealer once but they found nothing.
The reason they found nothing was that it doesnt do it all the time.
It can make the noise going in a straight line and even on a level surfaced road.
Has anyone had similar noise or suggest what it might be ?
Love the car but this noise is doin my head in .....
Many thanks...

·
Registered
81 Posts
leegoldsmith said:
Hi - I own a scenic 2002 Fidji 1.4 16v and have, since i got it, had a knocking noise coming from somehwere on the drivers side. I can't decide whether is at my feet or around the dasboard or even wheel.
It is getting progressively worse and i have had it back to the dealer once but they found nothing.
The reason they found nothing was that it doesnt do it all the time.
It can make the noise going in a straight line and even on a level surfaced road.
Has anyone had similar noise or suggest what it might be ?
Love the car but this noise is doin my head in .....
Many thanks...
Hi, I also had a knocking noise from the rear on the drivers side. The fault as discovered today is a broken shock absorber. Will cost around £25 for a pattern replacement.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/general-forum/8312-renault-megane-scenic-suspension-noise.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi, if your shocker is ok and the noise is from the front drivers side try the top engine mount as they are oil filled and are common for knocking.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Hi M8
It Could Be Worn Anti Roll Bar Bushes,droplinks, If The Mechanic Thats Checked It Has Had It On A 2 Post Ramp He Would Have Missed The Play In The Anti Roll Bar Bushes Or Droplinks Because ,you Need The Car On Its Wheels For Play To Become Evident.

Most Cars When They Nock Its Eathier Droplinks Or Or Anti Roll Bar Bushes.they Usaly Are The First Thing To Wear.

Hope This Helps You M8 And Good Luck:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Absolutely.........you saved me writing the same thing!

Anti roll bar links are a common failure on any car,but you need the weight on the car to check them.

Any news,leegoldsmith?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

My girlfried has a 2000 W reg Scenic which recently developed a thump / knock from the rear. When I investigated, the only thing that I could see wrong was the 3 exhaust mount rubbers. Two of these were broken. I replaced all three, but the fault remained. Eventually I narrowed it down to being the rear shocks (well one of them). I replaced both and now the problem has gone, and the car handles much better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Drivers Side Front wheel - knocking

Hi all, my scenic has had for a bit of a knocking sound on the front right and although cannot be 100% certain it does seem to come from the right wheel area and especially when I gently corner left or go over any sort of uneven ground. Sound just seems to be a slight knocking sound but can be quite loud. Any ideas would be appreciated as the garage said they couldnt find anything wrong.... thanks

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
From memory the top engine mount that side can cause a knocking noise.A few members have reported problems,although I've not encountered it personally.We did have an RX4 at work that had a similar noise as yours,but the customer sold it before we had chance to have a proper look!.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts