Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone had problems with the scenic badge. I have Grand Scenic 07 plate 2 months old and I have lost letter "I". I been to our local Renault Minute service centre and the want £25 + VAT for the whole word and not cover on the warranty. :steam:

I was not happy at all i said shouldn't come off at lease within 2 months, i said i understand if it was over year old.
They said it could been caught on something.

I am not sure what is my rights, is it related to a cosmetic or wear and tear issue like a light bulb etc.

I would help me in someway, but I left disappointed. I could not go back where i brought it from motor-provider because the are sales and do not own warranty on car

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Cealdjgp1970.

I would contact RCS, I have heard of letters falling off, Most have had them replaced under warranty but that was by a supplying dealer .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi, sorry did not get back to you sooner, kids not well i will connect RCS and see what they got to say, it should not have a issue where i buy the car from. But They will have a excuse of why its not part off the warranty within 2 months off sold the car.

I will let you know the out come, even i get one scrap yard its only a letter I :(

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I agree all parts are covered in the first year of the warranty excluding wear and tear Items.

Keep us informed of how you get on .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
55 Posts
When my brother picked up his second hand 54 plate Privilege Scenic he found spare letters in the central storage box. He has a spare S C and E. I believe the 'I' had been stolen and what happend to the N I don't know!

The dealer said that it is common for them to be prised off and stolen and they come in full sets (hence why he has some spares).

I've noticed when washing my Grand Scenic that it is very easy to catch some of the letters - to the point where I thought one had come off completely.

I agree though that if they have come off then they should be replaced by Renault under the first year warranty.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
My last Laguna turned into a Lagun the second time I washed it. Sometimes these letters just aren't stuck on properly.

On a 54 plate, you've probably not got much of a leg to stand on. If it's stayed there that long, then it's probably had some assistance in parting company with the car.

Do what I did and just remove the remaining letters. BMW drivers used to actually pay their dealers to do this :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts