Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a X Reg Renault Megane Scenic. It has started over heating and accelrator cable has been sticking and the car has been over revving The RAC say they fixed the problem by adjusting the cable and this is why it was overheating. It no longer revs like crazy but it still over heating. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Hi,

It could be a faulty thermostat or an airlock in the system somewhere. It might be worth draining the coolant out to get rid of an airlock (if there is one) and refilling.

This may help. If not then get the thermostat checked out is your next thing to do I suspect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Rep Power: 0 I am not getting any warning lights yet. Somebody has told me it could be to do with the weather? Its has rained heavily (and I mean heavily) for the last 3 days with has coincided with the over heating problem. i have been told that if the engine gets to wet, the rain can make your engine start to overheat? Does this sound plausable?

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Never heard of such a thing:crazy:

If anything, rain would cool an engine as it's cold water:rolleyes:

Best thing to do if you have drained and refilled the cooling system (and it didn't achieve anything) is to let the car idle for a few minutes whereby the engine cooling fans should kick in. If they don't then your problem is more than likely the thermostat as mezza stated above.

Let us know.

Welcome to the forums by the way:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts