Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have very recently brought a Renault Scenic 1.6 Dynamique. This has the automatic parking brake. I am now getting on the screen a warning message saying Parking Brake Fault. The parking brake seems fine and holds perectly well. Is there a way to have this reset.
Please help me.

Kind Regards

Nathaniel Morris

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
has to be done by special epb reset tool or a good scanner ie launch renault cans snap on

or take it to a garage see whats wrong with it

·
Registered
5 Posts
has to be done by special epb reset tool or a good scanner ie launch renault cans snap on

or take it to a garage see whats wrong with it
Just had mine done at main dealer along with dashboard and a service.they put it on there machine and reset it.Im also told there is a recall notice being issued by renault via the dvla(heard on another website by a customer who had contacted renault helpline)for a software update for the electronic parking brake.Takes an hour and is free of charge.Worth a phone call to find out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same on my Espace. I also have a "Clicking" from the rear end. On investigation I have found a relay under the car which is continuosly operating then dropping out approx 2 times every second whilst the engine is stopped. Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts