Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I came across this site at the weekend and first impressions are extremely positive.
I, last year, bought a 2000 (W) Scenic 1.6 16v Sport Alize with 57k miles from my local BCA Auction. While I got it very cheap I have found it to be a very reliable motor after I got some bits and pieces for it and got a couple of niggles sorted.
It has a non-franchise dealership Service History from new and I have had the CAM belt and drive belt changed along with the dreaded coils (common problem) and plugs at 60k. The Alloys (standard) are in pretty bad nick (corrosion etc) so I was looking to get some aftermarket 17's to replace them. I have found some sites report the offset between 37 and 45 and some at 35 to 45. I have seen a set of alloys that are ET35 with a 4x100 PCD but do not know the car they were originally purchased for so don't know the centre bore. My spare (steel) has an offset of 43. Would it be safe to get these Alloys and fit them with such a smaller offset. I could purchase TSW spiggot rings that would accomodate the wheel but don't want to outlay the money if the wheels will not be suitable as I would have to travel around 50 miles to get them too.
Another question which has annoyed me is that the blower only works on Gale Force (highest setting). As I have Air Con is the Heater Control part replaceable or not? I have had the top of the dash off but can't find the picture of the resistor that I have seen on another site that tells me where it is. My Haynes manual doesn't really give me any clues either.
Any help is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the quick responses.
I think I will pass on the TSW Rocket 4 Alloys on offer as the offset is 35.

I have already had the dashboard off and cannot see the resistor that other threads seem to say you can immediately see. Does my car having Aircon make a difference to where the Resistor pack would be?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts