·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the radio if anyone can help i would be greatfull

i have a scenic 1.6 16v expression +auto

a bit of a mouthfull and i left out the megane lol

joking aside its a nice car i had to replace the alternator
so there fore had to disconnect the battery i managed to put in the radio code with no problems but what happens now is that after 20 mins of listening to the radio i get a bleep and it turns off even with the ignition on and driving
if i press the power button it all comes back on for a further 20 mins ???????????
confused anybody got any ideas ???????????

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does the radio come on when the ignition is started? it will; run for 20 minutes then turn off if the ignition live circuit is faulty, check the fuses. The idea being if you leave the radio on without the ignition on it will turn off automatically.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Does the radio come on when the ignition is started? it will; run for 20 minutes then turn off if the ignition live circuit is faulty, check the fuses. The idea being if you leave the radio on without the ignition on it will turn off automatically.

i will take a look at the fuses as i have to manualy turn on the radio when i turn on the ignition it does not come on automaticaly also when i turn off the ignition the radio keeps going for 20 mins so it makes sense what you say cool

will report my findings thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scenic Stereo Code

Hi there

I have a 2001 Scenic Privilege Monaco Dci. The battery went flat while I was waiting to get a new turbo fitted. Now the stereo is asking for a code and I have tried a couple of numbers from other threads but neither (3476 or 7834) work. The stereo is integrated into the dash and doesn't seem to have a particular brand name.

Can anyone help?

Pip

·
Registered
29 Posts
Probably your best bet is to visit your Renault Dealership, take your log book with you, some charge up to £25.00 for the service but it is cheaper than a new unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts