Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Anyone had the rear axle bushes replaced on a renault scenic (2000 model)? If so, how much will it be, and can anybody recommend a decent garage in the cannock area?

Any help greatfully received!!

Si.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was thinking along these lines myself. The Haynes manual rates it as a 5 spanner job, and the description is complete gobbledegook. "Find a nut that just fits inside the bush, weld the nut securely to the bush and press the bush out using a spacer bearing on the top of the nut" deleted advertising
for a refurbished exchange unit

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
Its not just Renault !

I did the whole axle replacement job on the wife' old 205 Turbo, just reading the description of what to do in the Haynes gave me heart palpitations & I was 25 years younger then !
Complete replacement took just a weekend, did the job on the road outside the house.

Top Tip : -, have a set of brake pipes made up ready to fit the new axle, I couldn't get the old ones not to leak when re connected, luckily I have a flaring kit & was able to make up replacements on the spot.

Al

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got the axle. Arrived yesterday, which was pretty quick. I've also bought new nylocks to attach it to the car. I'd thought about new bolts to attach the stub axles, in case I break them getting them out, but they're like £10 each and there's 8 of them! I'll just have to see how many I break. They're probably standard size bolts and Renault charge extra for putting locking compound on them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.