Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
scenic 05 window recall?

book my car in on wednesday for outside temperture repair under warrentee and got a call this morning from local dealer informing me there is a recall on windows can anyone shed anylight on this recall? As my front window rattles a bit will this recall repair that?

A

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I work for a renault dealer.
The Recall on certain scenic2(2003 on) is a preventitive action by Renault uk-to elimenate rattly windows and prevent excessive strain on the electric window motor this is currently being carried out by renault dealers countrywide and is no big deal as far as safety is concerned.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi Folks,
I had the window clips recall done at the 18000 service, Never had any probs with the windows before now they screetch on upward or downward travel plus a draught coming from the window switches on drivers side, Drivers door card rattles as well, Had it back for repair but all the above faults still present.
Regards
Lydonlia

A

·
0 Posts
Thanks for getting back to the forum

A RECALL FOR WINDOW CLIPS????

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
I work for a renault dealer.
The Recall on certain scenic2(2003 on) is a preventitive action by Renault uk-to elimenate rattly windows and prevent excessive strain on the electric window motor this is currently being carried out by renault dealers countrywide and is no big deal as far as safety is concerned.
thanks for that as my window is a bit rattly but didnt really think i can relay on those monkeys/technicians to repair it so never brother, i will report after wednesday to see if there is any improvement

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yeah when I took it in for service, They said there has been a recall for clips to be fitted in the windows to stop them dropping & it would take about 2.5 hours, no problem as they gave me a courtesy car as I had some other faults that required attention, Cold running Etc Etc Etc.

Regards
Ottoman

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Thanks for the link Mag1.
Now, forgive me for being a little naive here, but when a manufacturer initiates a recall (especially a safety recall) are the local dealers supposed to get in touch with people they have sold vehicles to and request they be brought in for the work to be done asap?
As this is my first new car, I'm a little peeved that I've found out about a braking recall on the Scenic via Renaultforums and not from my own dealer. And it was 4 months ago?...........scary:eek:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Hi ive just had to book my car in (3rd Nov) cant get a courtesy car till then! as my passengers front window has dropped, think i remember hear a small snap/bang noise when my passenger put window down a bit. Any ideas what might be wrong. Hopefully Renault will fix free of charge as is only 2 an half yrs old. Whilst its there do you think they would put a new blind in the rear door as the plastic pipe has broke just like so many other peoples.

Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Just had my local dealership on the phone our 54 Scenic has a recall...........

Something to do with a fault with the side windows ..........

Anyone else know about this??

J

·
0 Posts
Thanks Guys,

The guy on the phone made out it to be something drastic.......

I've just called my wife & told her to drop the car in on her way back from shopping.....

Just some clips eh..........wait while I get to that garage......lol

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yes if the window drops it can cause damage to mechanism, It was a preventive measure to save Renault paying out on mechanisms, Megane II were affected as well.

Did you get the brake recall done and the rear belt clips recall.

Regards

ottoman

J

·
0 Posts
Yes if the window drops it can cause damage to mechanism, It was a preventive measure to save Renault paying out on mechanisms, Megane II were affected as well.

Did you get the brake recall done and the rear belt clips recall.

Regards

ottoman
Ottoman....

No........none of these have been mentioned.......

I'm more concerned about these then the blumin windows!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, guys, first time poster here.
First, thanks for an interesting and very useful site.
Second, I recently purchased a used 2004 1.9 privilege, what is the standing with recalls on used cars?
Can I check anywhere if they have been don?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts