Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a recorded delivery letter for a recall for certain versions of the Renault Scenic for a potential immobilising breakdown caused by a blockage in the air conditioning compressor, only had the car serviced this week, dont know why the stealer didnt have this info then!!!

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, I witnessed many recalls when with Ford - and to be fair, the decision to implement a recall is taken fairly near the top of the tree (i.e. out of the dealer's hands). The company will first have identified a build-range of cars/models affected, collated the details (they have in conjunction with DVLA of those cars' owners), and built-up stocks of remplacement parts. It is only at this point (and it would be pointless to write before then) will they simultaneously contact owners and dealers.

It is important to remember when your car is subject to a recall, that your car is no less safe/reliable than it was before you were notified, unless it displays symptoms pertinent to the recall. As such, book it in at your earliest convenience, but don't panic.

Frustrating though, I know.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Just had a recorded delivery letter for a recall for certain versions of the Renault Scenic for a potential immobilising breakdown caused by a blockage in the air conditioning compressor, only had the car serviced this week, dont know why the stealer didnt have this info then!!!

This recall I believe is applicable to Megane IIs & Scenic IIs.

This will be my 4th recall for my Scenic II in 24 months if my car is part of this recall. Just as well I am getting a new one on Wednesday 21st March mm .

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi there, I witnessed many recalls when with Ford - and to be fair, the decision to implement a recall is taken fairly near the top of the tree (i.e. out of the dealer's hands). The company will first have identified a build-range of cars/models affected, collated the details (they have in conjunction with DVLA of those cars' owners), and built-up stocks of remplacement parts. It is only at this point (and it would be pointless to write before then) will they simultaneously contact owners and dealers.

It is important to remember when your car is subject to a recall, that your car is no less safe/reliable than it was before you were notified, unless it displays symptoms pertinent to the recall. As such, book it in at your earliest convenience, but don't panic.

Frustrating though, I know.

No disrespect Paul but possible seat belts could become detached from the rear seat belt stalks is a major safety issue, an 8 hour repair, adhesive to harden prior to use . 5star crash rating means nothing if your belt does not hold you .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had it done today, couldnt fault the dealer for letting me take it in today and wait while it was updated. The computer was attached to do the software update, BUT, when this was completed it left the service light lit up. They then had to get another system to reset the light?????

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
No disrespect Paul but possible seat belts could become detached from the rear seat belt stalks is a major safety issue, an 8 hour repair, adhesive to harden prior to use . 5star crash rating means nothing if your belt does not hold you .

Regards

Ottoman
Oh, no offence is taken at all - it is a serious matter, what I meant was that because you get the letter today, the car hasn't become any more dangerous/unreliable compared with yesterday.

I agree, safety recalls should be carried out at the earliest opportunity. Its amazing how many letters get stuffed in drawers, and cars go without the rectification carried out.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Had it done today, couldnt fault the dealer for letting me take it in today and wait while it was updated. The computer was attached to do the software update, BUT, when this was completed it left the service light lit up. They then had to get another system to reset the light?????

Thanks for keeping us informed.

So it's a software glitch not a potential blockage in the system.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
this is what I received from Renault.

Renault Scenic - Injection Computer Reprogramming

This is to notify you that we have launched a service campaign affecting certain versions of the Renault Scenic. We have noted a potential for an immobilising breakdown caused by a blockage in the air conditioning compressor. It is therefore very important that you contact your Renault Dealer who will check your vehicle and complete any necessary repairs free of charge.

I really dont understand how a reprogramming of the computer can clear a blockage in the air conditioning compressor myself.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I really dont understand how a reprogramming of the computer can clear a blockage in the air conditioning compressor myself.
It's the other way around Telboy.

Without the update, a blockage in the air con compressor would trigger a fault code in the injector programming, and shut the engine down.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for that Renegade, I now understand

A

·
0 Posts
Phoned the dealer this morning to ask if my megane 1.6 dynamique sport 2006 have any recalls against it.

As yet no. May be not all late megane's II and scenic's affected.

Will report if this changes.

HAPPY MOTORING FOLKS

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Phoned the dealer this morning to ask if my megane 1.6 dynamique sport 2006 have any recalls against it.

As yet no. May be not all late megane's II and scenic's affected.

Will report if this changes.

HAPPY MOTORING FOLKS
Good news so far rhen, you should have asked them for which build number from .

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts