Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Renault Scenic dci 1.9 Dynamique 2002. Can anyone help how do I fit roof bars to this car as the rubber strip on the roof is solid and the only way they will fit would be to cut it. Is there any other way? :crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
There are replacement strips that come with the holes in the right places. They usually come supplied with the roof bars. Renault would no doubt charge an arm and a leg for them, so might I suggest a wee look on ebay. Failing that option you'll ned some sort of aftermarker roof rack that clamps on using the door apetures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a set of Thule bars and positioning brackets. These have rubber pads that sit on the roof and adjustable clamps that fit into the doors. All of this can be locked on to your car with a separate set of locking barrels.

I don't know if this system will be appropriate for your car but it works a treat on the Megane.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Renault Scenic dci 1.9 Dynamique 2002. Can anyone help how do I fit roof bars to this car as the rubber strip on the roof is solid and the only way they will fit would be to cut it. Is there any other way? :crazy:
You would have to cut the rubber strip to access the points that secure those roof bars mate...I would reccommend not doing it though, as I did and lived to regret it. You want to find roofbars that anchor in the door space on the roof. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts