Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
New to the forum, and I need some advice if possible.
My Renualt Scenic was taken to the car wash and the button on back door jumped out, I found it after the wash finished and phoned the dealer I bought it from last Aug, they say the part is £49+painting+fitting making this an expensive job. A friend said BBC Watchdog had an article on recently saying this is a common fault on this car and the actual clip (or washer Im not sure as I did not see the article) costs about 30pence but you have to get the part from Renault dealer and the one I spoke to said they dont sell the clip seperately I have to buy the whole thing!
Does anyone know of this, or if it is possible to DIY :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
if you do a search there are threads on how to do this (I think that it is only a little rubber O ring that needs to be replaced)

You can get the O ring as part of a tap washer repair kit I believe

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
duplicate post?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh my god i thought it had been stolen

Hello all
New to the forum, and I need some advice if possible.
My Renualt Scenic was taken to the car wash and the button on back door jumped out, I found it after the wash finished and phoned the dealer I bought it from last Aug, they say the part is £49+painting+fitting making this an expensive job. A friend said BBC Watchdog had an article on recently saying this is a common fault on this car and the actual clip (or washer Im not sure as I did not see the article) costs about 30pence but you have to get the part from Renault dealer and the one I spoke to said they dont sell the clip seperately I have to buy the whole thing!
Does anyone know of this, or if it is possible to DIY :confused:
Glad to here i am not the only one. Mine had come out and i thought some one had tried to break in the car. A week later i brought one from a scrap yard (and fitted it my self 44 pounds) and a week later the same day and place a super market carpark, it had gone again. I rang the police and they laughed. So now use a pencil to open it i am not paying that much again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tailgate catch

Hi
This is an old post I know, but my hubby still has not repaired the tailgate catch, he went to do it about an hour ago and found it was not an allen key he needed to take the door panel, but he does not know what does need to remove it , how is it held on?

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Hi
This is an old post I know, but my hubby still has not repaired the tailgate catch, he went to do it about an hour ago and found it was not an allen key he needed to take the door panel, but he does not know what does need to remove it , how is it held on?

Go to Halfords and get a torx set, only a few pounds, they are needed for a lot of screws on newer cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Davesss
Im so sorry, did not see the body of the post just saw
......closed mouth gathers no foot .....
Thought it was so secret code between postres in forum lol, show how green Iam.

Thanks so much and please excuse me being so dumb.:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
i had a similar problem with my megane, i found that once you have got the trim off and youve removed the release mechanism, that the spring for the button may have gone aswell, but to stop the button from falling out agin i cut a small bit of chain and used pliers to crimp it tight aroung where the washer would have been.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts