Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, i have a 1.6 Petrol s plate scenic, got some excellent advise here before about a gearbox oil change but unfortunately i ended up having a new clutch and gearbox overhaul at fair cost, now i noticed the engine was a bit ticky, sort of tappetty so after reading a few posts here i got the oil changed but now its worse!, its there all the time but get louder once the car has warmed up. Its not so noticeable at speed but bad at idle but the noise is always there, any ideas!, also before i forget just after gearbox was done, has to replace manifold and CAT so try and be gentle with my wallet :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe so, fully synthetic new oil filter too, the guys where i got it done are pretty good, i'm just worried as i'm off on holiday in two weeks and its a good 5 hour drive to get there, driving around for two weeks and then the trip back.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Is your Scenic 8 or 16 valve?.I think I'm right in saying that the 8 valve engine has adjustable valve clearances.Not sure about the 16 valve,though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice one, thats got it, popped into the local trusted garage as i needed the gearbox mount done anyway, let him have a listen and he said 5 min job just the tappets need sorting. Got it back today and its as quiet as a mouse, thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Excellent news Nibbler.:)

Thanks for the update,and I'll move your post back to the Knowledge Base for future reference.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
nice one, thats got it, popped into the local trusted garage as i needed the gearbox mount done anyway, let him have a listen and he said 5 min job just the tappets need sorting. Got it back today and its as quiet as a mouse, thanks everyone.
hi Nibbler,

could you tell us how was it done? like... did he open up your rocker cover and what did he do to tune it up to perfection? it would be great to know...

cheers,
andrew

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi could you please give me a rough price of how much it cost to replace clutch as my clutch is high on my scenic thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts