Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
does anyone know where i can get the rubber things that hold up the exhaust?theyre attached at the backbox on to 2 pins (one for each side, left & right)
they kinda hold up the exhaust so t doesnt rest on what looks like the axle
one of mine has streched so its knocking around...
any ideas?

thank you!!!!

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Edwin - most exhaust fitting companies will stock them or try a good motor factors - a short term solution is to tie a couple of cable ties around the rubber mount - one/two vertically and one/two horizontally - this will contract the rubber ring until you get ot replaced.:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Edwin - most exhaust fitting companies will stock them or try a good motor factors - a short term solution is to tie a couple of cable ties around the rubber mount - one/two vertically and one/two horizontally - this will contract the rubber ring until you get ot replaced.:)
now THATS a good idea!
why didnt i think of that:confused: ...all i could think of was elastic bands.....:crazy:

thanks very much madnoel10!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Electric Window/Door Panel

hello
ok now my lovely scenic has another problem....
the electric window on the driver side wont shut
when i press the button to up/ down it sounds like something is wrapping around a motor?
any ideas?
ive tried to take the side panel off, but unsuccessful....can someone point me to a how-to guide? ive searched but found nothing....

thank you!!!

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Sounds like the cable has become fouled. To remove the door card you will need to remove the securing screws and speaker, handle surround etc. The card is stuck to the door with a sealent so the seal needs to be carefully cut, the card should then lift up as it clips on at the top of the door.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like the cable has become fouled. To remove the door card you will need to remove the securing screws and speaker, handle surround etc. The card is stuck to the door with a sealent so the seal needs to be carefully cut, the card should then lift up as it clips on at the top of the door.
is this failry easy to do?
i did have a quick bash last night
i removed the speaker and undid the screws behind it, undid the screw for the door handle, and popped it out a bit, i also popped out the wing mirror adjuster thingy too....and undid 2 or 3 screws at the bottom of the door
do i need to remove the screw on the handle that you pull to close the door?
is a knife ok around the edge to "pop" the seal?
wil i need a new regulator?
ideally for now i want to just jam it shut....trip to liverpool coming soon and id like to park it, and it stil be there intact when i come back!!!! :)

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
is this failry easy to do?
i did have a quick bash last night
i removed the speaker and undid the screws behind it, undid the screw for the door handle, and popped it out a bit, i also popped out the wing mirror adjuster thingy too....and undid 2 or 3 screws at the bottom of the door
do i need to remove the screw on the handle that you pull to close the door?
is a knife ok around the edge to "pop" the seal?
wil i need a new regulator?
ideally for now i want to just jam it shut....trip to liverpool coming soon and id like to park it, and it stil be there intact when i come back!!!! :)
you will need to remove the handle, a knife should sort the sealent and you may need a regulator mechanism but you won't know until you can see. It may be that the glass securing clips have come loose, the cable may need greasing or it could have snapped, but once you have access in the worse case scenario you can wedge the window shut with some blocks / wedges of wood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts