Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can anybody inform me how to route the supplementary stoplight / idicator supply cables when fitting a tow bar to a 2001 Scenic 1.9dci. I live in France and have had a new tow bar kit delivered. I have managed to actually install the bar itself and in doing so discovered that some of the holes that are necessary to fit the bar are already in the framework of the car. This is explained in the brief literature that was supplied with the kit so it was a fairly routine procedure.

Unfortunately the literature supplied with the plug and wiring is limited to explaining which pin in the plug is designated to which service e.g. brake lights, indicators etc
and not how best to route the cable.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
European Type Approval for towbars, that came in in 1998 means that the towbar must fit to the manufacturer's specified mounting points. I'm not sure about the Scenic, but on the Lagunas, that's a series of keyhole slots behind the bumper, and a hole through each of the chassis rails further forward.

On the Lag, you just get to drill your own hole for the cable. I suspect the Scenic will be the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Needle.
Don't know if this will be useful, but had this link to a pdf file showing the dedicated wiring loom for a Witter manufacturered wiring kit - it shows the cable routing for the Scenic so might help you out.
Check it here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts